2013 Ram 1500 remote start ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2013 ram bighorn and on the remote start can only start 2 times then have to start with key to reset the remote start back to 2 times.
Also my 2017 Jeep grand Cherokee same thing.

Is there a flash for this to change how many times you can start other than 2 times.

Live here in Boston and takes more than 2 times to get vehicles warm to melt snow on cold days.

I also just called Flashlogic and was told their plug and play remote start will over ride the factory remote start and can start as many times with factory remote. Hit button 3 times to start and 3 times to stop.

Hate to buy these but wish some Chrysler brain fart employee never did this to limit the starts to only 2 times.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Probably to save the lifters from excessive idling, which tends to starve the top end of oil & cause premature failure.
Our Hemis hate idling.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The factory remote start can’t be programmed to change the run time or the number of remote starts.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
They limit the number of starts for a reason.
You start it the first time & it will run for a certain time, its 10 or 15 minutes.
Then you start it a 2nd time & it runs for another period of time

If the Ram only had, say, 12 gallons of fuel in it to begin with, would starting it again run the truck out of fuel ??

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
They limit the number of starts for a reason.
You start it the first time & it will run for a certain time, its 10 or 15 minutes.
Then you start it a 2nd time & it runs for another period of time

If the Ram only had, say, 12 gallons of fuel in it to begin with, would starting it again run the truck out of fuel ??

Remote start will shut off if the low fuel light is on.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you let the thing run for a half hour lol? after about 5 mins I start to get some heat then scrape or brush snow off truck will warm up quick once you drive it. Also as stated above its not good to idle hemis to long all the time.

OP
OP
dss56

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you let the thing run for a half hour lol? after about 5 mins I start to get some heat then scrape or brush snow off truck will warm up quick once you drive it. Also as stated above its not good to idle hemis to long all the time.
WELL Good for you