2013 Ram 4.7 Fuel Pressure Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BartR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My employee has a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7. About 8 months ago he was told the fuel pressure sensor was bad and needed to be replaced. He ordered one from a local dealership, and I loaned him one of my trucks. The part is still not available as of 1/25/2023. I spoke with parts at dealership and they informed me that Chrysler isn't taking orders from dealerships until March, and then they would start manufacturing without a timeline? Bottom line is I really need my truck back and wondering if anyone else has the same issue or if there is another part that would work? Apparently the current part number 20102131071657 isn't available on the aftermarket?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

bbrennan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7 lt
My employee has a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7. About 8 months ago he was told the fuel pressure sensor was bad and needed to be replaced. He ordered one from a local dealership, and I loaned him one of my trucks. The part is still not available as of 1/25/2023. I spoke with parts at dealership and they informed me that Chrysler isn't taking orders from dealerships until March, and then they would start manufacturing without a timeline? Bottom line is I really need my truck back and wondering if anyone else has the same issue or if there is another part that would work? Apparently the current part number 20102131071657 isn't available on the aftermarket?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
I also have a Ram 2013 1500 4.7 Lt. I was told that this part was discontinued and will never be available. I search both Canada and the U.S. I went through their customer care center and it was "Sorry about your bad luck" not in those words exactly but close enough.

Curryville34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I am also dealing with this. 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman. Check engine light on, diagnostics state need new fuel pressure sensor. Part# 68210330AA. Contacted Mopar they say this part was discontinued and replaced with 2 parts... 68597761AA and 68137864AC. Attempted to order then told that those parts were discontinued. My registration will be out in a week and i have no idea how to get this truck fixed so I can drive it legally on the road. Its my only vehicle and I am not in a position to get a new car. I have only has this one for less than a year. Any help will be appreciated.

lanefenner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, were you able to resolve this issue? I have the exact same yr/model truck with the same sensor issue. Curious if you found a solution. If so would you mind sharing please?

Nedfn1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
As of this date there is no published fix for the replacement of the fuel pressure sensor on a 2013 Ram 1500 tradesman 4.7l.
I just solved the problem but it was not easy. First of all the part number for the sensor has been changed 3 time. The first 2 part numbers are no longer available. The third part number 68550956AA also requires a wiring kit the change the plug 68137864. This is only the beginning. The original part 68210330AA had female connectors on both ends. The inlet end was a blue connector and the discharge end was a red connector. The new replacement part has a red female connector on the inlet end and a red male connector on the discharge end. Working with a parts guy from a Ram dealership we identified that a new main fuel line was needed to connect the fuel pressure sensor discharge to the engine $214. This did not solve the issue to the red female connector on the inlet side of the sensor. For that I took the part to a mechanic who cut off the red female sensor and installed a blue female sensor. This works, The truck is back in service.