2014 1500 will not start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsbush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a 2014 Ram 1500 - 5.7 that will not start. Last week I noticed that the truck was not getting heat and got a code of P26A7 which I believe indicates a bad heat bypass valve, have ordered a new valve but not yet replaced.

Yesterday the truck ran fine in the morning but after a few hours went to start it, nothing.

I have power to the dash in the key on position but when turned to start nothing happens, no sounds what so ever and the power to radio goes off when the key is in the start position. When I attached a code reader yesterday the reader was not able to make a connection with the vehicle, the reader is getting power from the truck.

Here is what I done so far: Checked battery- 12.5V. Checked fuses that I could find for PCM and could not see any that were bad.

Unhooked the power to bypass valve to see if this could somehow be causing a fault in the PCM and preventing the code reader from making a connection.

I then unhooked the negative terminal on the battery for 20 minutes hoping that would reset things, Unfortunatley it did not.

Any suggestions before I have it towed to a dealer? I am wondering if the PCM has gone bad.

Thanks for any help.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
TIPM or Win Module, either can be bypassed, I guess bypass win first.