2014 2500 Rebound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane Duus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So, I love my truck....I think it rides great. My wife bounces all over the place when we hit a big bump.and HATES riding in it, and wants to get rid of it. I'm trying to figure solutions to get it more comfortable. Now, I have ****** vinyl seats, and the factory suspension at 100,000 miles. Would going with Fox shocks or something else take the violent rebound out of hitting chuck holes and frost heaves? The smaller stuff the truck takes like a champ. This leads me to think the shocks are the issue, not the spring....

And are there any ram seats that have more torso bolsters to keep you in place than the crappy vinyl tradesman seats?

Thanks for helping me keep my truck lol

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So, I love my truck....I think it rides great. My wife bounces all over the place when we hit a big bump.and HATES riding in it, and wants to get rid of it. I'm trying to figure solutions to get it more comfortable. Now, I have ****** vinyl seats, and the factory suspension at 100,000 miles. Would going with Fox shocks or something else take the violent rebound out of hitting chuck holes and frost heaves? The smaller stuff the truck takes like a champ. This leads me to think the shocks are the issue, not the spring....

And are there any ram seats that have more torso bolsters to keep you in place than the crappy vinyl tradesman seats?

Thanks for helping me keep my truck lol
Consider the following:
Rancho 9000XL - you can adjust the ride

Tires - 65LBS all around when not towing

Steering dampener

Seats - look at seat covers

Nothing else you can really do.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Two or four wheel drive? What tires? Tire pressure?

There is a LOT that CAN be done such as Carli, depending on your budget and competing requirements. Such as do you need to carry a lot of weight for work or other purposes, or is the empty ride all that concerns you?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Shocks are Not going to make that much difference, it's a HD truck. Do you Need an HD truck? If so then live with it, if you don't consider downsizing to a 1/2 ton and get a better ride.

Like mentioned you can try lowering your tire pressure (when not towing) and maybe try throwing some weight on the back.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it is side to side rocking try unhooking your front sway bar and see if that helps.

Then you can look at aftermarket sway bars like Thuren.

The shocks are a good idea too.