2014 R/T BellTech 2/4 Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Did you order your kit??

Nahh,,Don't know what to..

Wife does not want me to lower it, yet she complains about getting in being so high..lol
I guess her idea of lowering means on the ground like my GTP. I tried to tell it's only going to be a few inchs. You see how high my truck sits now?? haha

but a little over $300 for lowering kit is very very very tempting. lol

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nahh,,Don't know what to..

Wife does not want me to lower it, yet she complains about getting in being so high..lol
I guess her idea of lowering means on the ground like my GTP. I tried to tell it's only going to be a few inchs. You see how high my truck sits now?? haha

but a little over $300 for lowering kit is very very very tempting. lol

Damn it. You have 5 more days to win that battle! I'll cross my fingers. :)

MR.REMBERT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you installed the front shocks, how tight did you tighten the top mount? When I put the SP shocks in and tried to torque them to the 40 foot pound torque as stated in the instructions the top rubber isolators were squished down almost to the point that the metal caps were going to cut into them.

I don't have an exact spec. I did the same then backed off until it look as specified in the instructions (doesn't match the torque spec).

OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to update on my riding experience with the BellTech 964SP kit. Today I went out on a country road and hit some curves. I also got the truck up to the triple digits. All I can say is "I totally love this truck". it rides great, handles the curves with great manners, as well as makes a really good daily driver. While up in the triple digits she felt planted and sure footed. No signs of the death wobble or tail wagging. For a full-sized truck, this thing rides great!!!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great sir! I really wish I had bit the bullet and lowered my Express.
I might still have it if I did!

14RamRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Looks SICK!!! I regret not getting an R/T
Looks 100 zillion times better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you resting on your bumps stops with the belltech kit ? I'd not about how much room is there front and rear.

OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you resting on your bumps stops with the belltech kit ? I'd not about how much room is there front and rear.

No, I'm not resting on the bump stops. I saw some one else's post about it and looked up under mine. I didn't measure how much clearance thee is, but the rear clear more than the front. According to BellTech they are "progressive" bump stops. I can only assume they have some give to them as my ride quality actually improved over stock.

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, I'm not resting on the bump stops. I saw some one else's post about it and looked up under mine. I didn't measure how much clearance thee is, but the rear clear more than the front. According to BellTech they are "progressive" bump stops. I can only assume they have some give to them as my ride quality actually improved over stock.

Cool thanks.

OP
OP
The Q

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pulled the factory front shocks today and installed the BellTech Street Preformer shocks that came in the kit. Really can't tell any diffrence, but at least I'm running matched shocks and springs on all four corners now.

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my kit in. Refered to this thread a couple times through install. Thanks for the pics. Couple things I'll add is my rear upper shock bolts were 21mm. I bought the 13/16" crowfoot but couldn't use it. Think it was for rear top shock bolts? I did the rear shocks with inner fenders in place so it was fuuuuuun. Haha. One thing I noticed this morning is the front coils look to have shifted from the bottom seat some but when I took it back apart they were where they should have been. I guess they move a bit with front suspension articulation.

Overall not a bad install thought I'd blow through the rear but the top shock bolts slowed me down. That and most things needed to be done by hand with deep sockets.

Also my front shock dust covers didn't fit through the lca hole so I didn't use them? Yours too ?

WLDFX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you get the springs into the front struts?

14RAMRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the lugnut torque with the R/T wheels 130 ft lbs