Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2014 RAM 1500 Express Crew Cab

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by ram1500rsm, Aug 13, 2018.

1. ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    ah ok so the stripe gets installed across the edge of the flare ?

2. hodge-xj

hodge-xj Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 cummins
    Yep flat side of the stripping to the flare. I tried using double sided tape but there's enough of a bulge or radius to the body that it didn't perfectly conform with the not so perfect fit of the flare. Eventually it pulled up. Maybe oem flares fit better but the chaper ones were a bit off. The rounded weather stripping is just more forgiving and honestly made it easier to get a clean fit on the truck. Let the flares sit in the heat for a while and life is much easier. I got them mounted on the hardware then had to work them in certain spots a few times to figure out fitment. Again, mine are shit ebay knock offs that were $40. I tried to find it in my build but I guess I didn't document it.

Edit, I bought this from home depot. My particular flares came with nothing. I've seen some come with double sided tape, some have what looks like a plastic tube cut in half that covers the edge like bushwacker, some have nothing. This stuff holds up really well to being exposed to the sun and debris. 2 years and no issues. I did have to silicon "glue" them in place after a year or so, but I also didn't clean them before i added this so the glue likely didn't bond well on the sticky side lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3. hodge-xj

hodge-xj Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 cummins
    Yea the ORP/5th gen eibach will be 1" longer than my Bilstein coils. Effectively the same as what I have now with the spacer. I'm waiting to hear back from Nick and see what ends up happening, I'll for sure keep everything updated.

I keep forgetting that icon used those shorter coils, you can find specs for their chit anywhere. I need to look and see if there's anything in the warranty about coil swapping. I'm happy with everything about them, except the fact that I essentially have no adjustability to them. Looking at my numbers I think you're correct with them being 1/8th" per turn. Was just hoping for a bit more room in them than what I have per the instructions, there's a mile of threads left, but I guess there must be a coil bind issue or something.

4. ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Got the flares installed. Didn't put chit in the back of them. I didn't want to make it complicated if i had to remove them. I think i like the end result. I'll need to do something about the headlight corners where i see a little portion of the bumper. I'll see if i can seal that off with plastic or something.

[​IMG]20210222_161640 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

hodge-xj likes this.
  5. hodge-xj

hodge-xj Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 cummins
    I like it! But im biased

ram1500rsm likes this.
  6. hodge-xj

hodge-xj Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 cummins
    Out of curiosity, can you take a quick measurement and see how much discrepancy there is with the flares vs your origional heights. I know mine seem to sit a good bit lower than the origional fender lip. I wanna say it was almost a 1/4 different but I might be wrong.

7. ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    The front seems about the same, if anything 1/8" lower just because that seems to be the plastic thickness.
    39 1/2 front driver, 39 3/4 front passenger,
    in the rear i have like 1/2" difference lower, 41" rear on both sides.
    [​IMG]2021-02-23_02-21-39 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

8. ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Made a couple of plugs for the flares in the front out of the same material i have in my mud flaps. Bolted them in by the edges with double side tape.

[​IMG]flare_plug by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  9. hodge-xj

hodge-xj Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9 cummins
    cool, thanks! Yea mine sit a little bit different than yours around the lip. Doesn't make any difference except for keeping track of measurements.

ram1500rsm likes this.
  10. ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7