2014 ram 1500 rear rotor will not come off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gen4ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning, i am changing pad/rotors on my 2014 Ram 1500, i can not get the rear rotors off, i have beaten them with a dead blow and a sledge hammer and only got it to move a little bit. when i pull on the rotors i can feel a resistance. the only thing i can think of is that it is hanging up on the e-brake, does anyone know a trick or have any advice? thank you in advance.

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My e brake was rusted. I sprayed them from the back side with rust buster where the e cable hooks to the lever. There is a star wheel you can loosen to back off the shoes too. I kept spraying and working the e brake on and off until it broke loose. If you have no rust then backing off the shoes should do the trick.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My e brake was rusted. I sprayed them from the back side with rust buster where the e cable hooks to the lever. There is a star wheel you can loosen to back off the shoes too. I kept spraying and working the e brake on and off until it broke loose. If you have no rust then backing off the shoes should do the trick.

This! The ebrake shoes are embedded in a tad making it impossible.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Loosen the parking brake shoes by using a flathead screwdriver at the rear bottom off backing plate, there’s a slot about 1/2” wide to get to the adjuster gear and back down the shoes. Then you should be able to get it off from back side with a sledge.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Is this the same slot where cable attaches

No, the cable will be at the top on one side of the truck and the bottom on the other, the slot for the star adjuster is opposing it, i.e. on the side where the cable is at the top, the star wheel will be at the bottom and visa-versa. There should be a rubber plug in the adjuster hole.

-K