2014 Ram Longhorn...some bumper rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Douglas Walouke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beyond some oxidizing nicks from road debris, seeing some rust form on the corner of front bumper. Cheaper to replace the bumper eventually or to take in and have touched up or repainted? My first pickup so I'm curious how others have dealt with this? No idea what it costs to clean up and repaint the bumper

Thanks!

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beyond some oxidizing nicks from road debris, seeing some rust form on the corner of front bumper. Cheaper to replace the bumper eventually or to take in and have touched up or repainted? My first pickup so I'm curious how others have dealt with this? No idea what it costs to clean up and repaint the bumper

Thanks!
Is it a chrome bumper, body color painted bumper or just the basic flat black bumper? If its chrome you can use chrome polish on it to remove the rust. If its painted I would put some rust inhibitor on it and either let it ride or put a little touch up paint over it depending on how bad it looks and or how big the area is. Kind of hard to say for sure without seeing it.

OP
OP
D

Douglas Walouke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Body color. I was going to get touch up paint from Dealer, but wasn’t sure if anyone saw the rust get bad quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk