2014 Rear tail lights LED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Morning all.

As the title states I have a 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie with LED rear tail light. I had my left one go out yesterday and was looking to fix it. LOL $200 plus for a new housing. I was wondering if I could downgrade to the bulb type or does that require some kind of adapter? Or does anyone here have a set of the chrome LED's for sale? Thanks in advance.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Morning all.

As the title states I have a 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie with LED rear tail light. I had my left one go out yesterday and was looking to fix it. LOL $200 plus for a new housing. I was wondering if I could downgrade to the bulb type or does that require some kind of adapter? Or does anyone here have a set of the chrome LED's for sale? Thanks in advance.

If you go back to halogen you'll need an adapter to connect the harness in the truck and you'll need AlfaOBD to change the Body Control Module (BCM) from LED to halogen.

OP
OP
Wallyb4

Wallyb4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Crap, probably cheaper just to buy a new left tail light housing.

MikeSumthin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats... you are the probably the 1st to ever want to downgrade your taillights... please reevaluate any medications you're currently taking. Jk

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wallyb4

Wallyb4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just do not want to pay $300 for a tail light assembly. But if I have to get a conversion kit and have the Module reprogrammed the $300 will be cheaper.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just do not want to pay $300 for a tail light assembly. But if I have to get a conversion kit and have the Module reprogrammed the $300 will be cheaper.
Check Craigslist. They pop up occasionally. You could also place a "want to buy" in this forum's classified section. I'm sure another member has had your issue and may have what you need just laying around...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

jp28173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take a look at this.

Or you could swap both of them out for something like these. I bought a similar pair of LED tails for my '03 Tahoe off eBay 10 years ago and they've worked flawlessly since.

Also check local junk yard online inventories or call around. Most around here (NC) have their prices for all parts listed online, just have to find one that has it in stock, or that will ship.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wallyb4

Wallyb4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks jp28173. They look great!!! I would post in the want to buy , but I need like 50 posts to do that.

OP
OP
Wallyb4

Wallyb4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Dang they are not compatible with factory 2014 LED. They are for upgrading. Dang.

shackman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a question has anybody have this problem with a 2014 Sport R/T . when I start up the dash does it's thing and then it dings and say's right tail light out. go and check no problem works fine. Took it to the dealer I have 68,000 on it and the dealers say's you have LED's it will do that. I told him that's what came with the truck when i ordered it new and have had no problem till now. He say's I don't know what to tell you. WTF !! I said really. Anybody got a clue? Besides taking it to another dealer.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a question has anybody have this problem with a 2014 Sport R/T . when I start up the dash does it's thing and then it dings and say's right tail light out. go and check no problem works fine. Took it to the dealer I have 68,000 on it and the dealers say's you have LED's it will do that. I told him that's what came with the truck when i ordered it new and have had no problem till now. He say's I don't know what to tell you. WTF !! I said really. Anybody got a clue? Besides taking it to another dealer.
Get another dealer or a different service advisor. If it's a factory equipped tail light that statement made to you is an unacceptable answer.

shackman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah !! you got that right. Well Mopar sent me a survey about the service that I had at the dealership. I brought it in for the passengers side exhaust manifold had a tick when first start up then a minute later it would be gone . I have a life time warranty on the truck so they took care of it. It took them a whole week to get it done, however they did supply me with a loaner. What a piece of s*** 2020 Ford f-150 . The survey was from corp. I gave them a real report about there dealership. I am taking my truck to another dealer about 25 miles away.