2014 Seat Swap - Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cqlink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm looking at replacing my 2014 front cloth bucket seats and rear 60/40 with 2014 leather Laramie seats. I have 8-way heated front seats with lumbar power. I think the passenger front is heated/manual. The Laramie are heated and cooled. They also have full power.

Does anyone know if I'll run into any install issues if I decide to swap? Anything I should look for when I inspect the new seats?

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The wiring is different they are not plug and play and both seats will be power on all oem leather heated seats for a 4th gen. Make sure the seats are oem and not a set with covers on them.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you will run into many issues. its not a direct swap. The problem now days is that all these simple functions (heated seats...) runs through the computer then out to a switch. if the truck doesnt come with the option sometimes the dealer can add the sales code and many times they cant.

If you really want leather look into the katskins covers. infact alot of OEM's are using them as their factory covers.

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a big difference in oem leather to katskins. I get lots of oem 4th gen seats and we have removed covers and they are not made by katskins. The dodge dealers do sell katskinzs but they are not factory installed

OP
OP
C

cqlink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Damn. Thanks for the info. These are NICE Laramie (factory/ OEM) seats. If I read correctly, I'll need to check if dealer can reprogram with correct heated/ cooled seat option code?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wanted to install the oem inverter. Found that the body wire harness that comes out of the floor and would go to the inverter did NOT have any extra pins on the plug.If yours has some extra ones it might work.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
There is a big difference in oem leather to katskins. I get lots of oem 4th gen seats and we have removed covers and they are not made by katskins. The dodge dealers do sell katskinzs but they are not factory installed

Incorrect, 14s you can get Katskins from the factory, its an upgrade option.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Where there is a will, there is a way. Wiring can always be worked if you get them to fit. Whatever is in your seat operates by amperage, and all it needs to work is amperage. Splice dice it do whatever, but if your seat heater and functions gets amperage, it will work. The main thing is to make sure you have the exact power needed or you could literally burn your ***. I would make a guess something like 10 amps per seat per function max, probably less.

Oh yeah if you can get as much of the wiring as possible. Especially past the plug, even if you have to cut it and have loose wires. If you have the male and female part of the plug (if there is one), you are solid. Worst case you do this, and then you have room to grow as well. Build your truck the way you want it and let nothing stand in your way.

Last edited: