2014 with Anti Spin - Is mopar limited-slip additive needed with Amsoil?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dantheman68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking to service my transmission and differentials this year and will be going with Amsoil fluids for all.

I have the anti-spin axle and per Amsoil's product finder it says the additive is needed (specifically the mopar additive). If I go on the page for Amsoil's own Slip-Lock it says that all of their gear oils do not require the additive.

Can anyone definitively say that the additive is needed or NOT needed with the Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-140? It seems Amsoil itself doesnt really know, and/or their in house LSD additive doesn't meet the spec called for by mopar as they have no suggestion for their own product and specify the OEM additive. I'm leaning toward just biting the bullet for the expensive Mopar additive so I don't service the axle and grenade it shortly after.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Doubtful you will need if its sold containing the additive.

If I use redline fluids, no need. If I use valvoline synthetic, no need, if I use Castrol or some other no name, like O'Reillys, I need.

I don't bounce around on fluids much anymore, use redline in everything including my Harley, so I don't buy the additive.

However if after you service you start Hearing noise or popping around corners you can still add its only 4 ounces.

I don't run Amsoil so I can only relate my experience with redline.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
with amsoil, yes, with redline, no
I ran redline in my 2013 due to needing the friction modifier, i run amsoil severe gear in my Power Wagon (doesnt need friction modifier)
I run amsoil in all of my vehicles, have for years, great stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca