2015 2500 coolant flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyTruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Just finished a coolant flush on my 2150 2500. It wasn't that bad. The radiator drain was on the left side. Use a 10mm allen wrench. For filling, I disconnected the hose on the top radiator on the right side. This hose is from the coolant reservoir. Used distilled water and prestone flush fluid. Drove for about 1 hour with the heater on and drained it. Refilled with distilled water 2 more times to get rid of it. I used Prestone OAT for the final fill 50/50 with distlled water.

Carlo

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just finished a coolant flush on my 2150 2500. It wasn't that bad. The radiator drain was on the left side. Use a 10mm allen wrench. For filling, I disconnected the hose on the top radiator on the right side. This hose is from the coolant reservoir. Used distilled water and prestone flush fluid. Drove for about 1 hour with the heater on and drained it. Refilled with distilled water 2 more times to get rid of it. I used Prestone OAT for the final fill 50/50 with distlled water.

Carlo
Carlo, did you ever have an issues from using this method? Was the Prestone okay?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would mark somewhere under the hood, that you did use
Prestone OAT
That way, anyone working on the coolant system knows what is in it & therefore should not pour the wrong stuff in there

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I would mark somewhere under the hood, that you did use
Prestone OAT
That way, anyone working on the coolant system knows what is in it & therefore should not pour the wrong stuff in there
I researched this a lot more. Only difference with Prestone oat is the 2EHA. It won’t interact negatively with Mopar OAT. It might with old school green if someone put that in there but I would think that would be assumed anyway.