2015 6.4 hemi trans. dipstick replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

neverhme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any tips?, I have the updated tube with the 3rd mount tab, any idea what it bolts up to?, sad when the truck has 28k miles and I have to lay under it in the snow but being disabled who can afford a dealer labor charge.

OP
OP
N

neverhme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not a bad job to do.Get a 4x8 sheet of plywood so you are not laying in the snow, remove bolt on transmission tube where it mount to trans,(its a feeler you cant see it), loosen nut on engine block 1/2"(do not remove bracket is elongated hole), pull out from underhood.when installing i cut the new tab of, mounted as removed with bolt and nut snug and mig welded the extra tab back on (no reason ram engineer could not have made this two piece and held with a couple 1/4 20 bolt/nuts),tighten 2nuts and bolt(you will supply the nut for the new tab mount.No way i was removing the intake and wire harness for this which is what the dealers do.Dealer gave me a oring for tube going into trans but I never used it.The new tube was longer and the tab where the tube goes into the trans was welded at a different location but with it all set up with the dipstick in it there may have been 1/8th" difference on the dipstick level so I am not going to worry about it, my truck is a 15 maybe they changed it up over the years.Not happy having to do this but vs no dipstick on vehicles these days this is a minor annoyance.Took me about 1.5 hours. You need about 18"'s of extensions

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

neverhme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is how it attaches the 3rd mount

Attachments

• EF0BF58E-9C1B-4F7A-8B23-CC417193ED61.jpeg
    EF0BF58E-9C1B-4F7A-8B23-CC417193ED61.jpeg