2015 Bighorn chrome clad wheels covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BFGmoose31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 20” 5 lug pattern wheels with the chrome clad wheel covers and I want black wheels. Is it possible to paint the chrome wheel covers? Is it possible to find or buy OEM black wheels for a decent price? Or should I just buy new wheels?

Thanks

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
you can pull the factory chrome ones off, but theres a ton of glue on there.
You can also trade someone with the basic gray Express looking wheel, and get covers.
I did on my 2011.

20140109_124124.jpg

20141125_114125.jpg

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The factory black ones are cheaper to buy then replacing one of the chrome ones, so I been told

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They pop up on this forum very often.

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I have been contemplating going all black with the chrome components on my truck for quite some time. Coincidentally I came across a forum members posting and he has a truck identical to mine, model, color etc. Sorry, I do not recall his screen name. I did a quick search just now for any posts he has made but did not locate any right away. He used a DIY Bedliner type material on his chrome. Looked really nice. I was impressed with how good it looked.
It gave me an exact picture of what mine will look like if I decide to do it. I was thinking that if I did not want to do it myself that I could have "Bullet Liner' or "Linex" do it.
Might be something for you to consider.
The forum member I am speaking of does quite a bit of overlanding, has an ARE topper and he shows a photo of his truck in his signature line. ( I think that's what you call it }
I am sure I will come across one of his posts sooner or later, and can add his Info to this thread.
His truck is Delmonico Red.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
a coworker of mine has an all black RC Ram express with chrome clads, off my 2019...looks good!

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ch...-2wd-build-thread.137190/page-10#post-2360098

My mistake. Looks like CAG CheechDogg didn't do his wheels but bought after market wheels. He did do other chrome parts though, including bumpers. Photos here give an idea of what it looks like. If it works on a chrome bumper and other bright parts I would imagine it will work on the chrome clad wheels. I think that there are also photos of others who did the same

Last edited: