2016 Ram 1500 TPMS Sensors Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hhhjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
So I have 2016 Ram 1500, 1 out 4 sensors read and it is the drivers side. I had the sensors tested and all 4 are giving off Rf single and read on the tester. It does have aftermarket tires and rims on the truck. How do I get the rest of them to read so my light goes off. Please help I wanted to locate the TPMS module and unplug it to see if that helps but can't find anything on line to locate it. Any help with this is appreciated. thanks

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
They may not be set to the correct freq required for the truck. They may be giving off a freq, but is it the correct setting?
Did the aftermarket wheels come with different sensors? And your sure they were correct?

OP
OP
hhhjohn

hhhjohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Yes the sensor did come with the rims. Just weird how one works and the others don't. How do you check and change the freq to see if that is it?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
don't know if true but a tire guy told me to reset them you need a magnet with a circle with a opening and you place the magnet over the stem and it resets it I found a magnet like he described but have not done it no need yet

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes the sensor did come with the rims. Just weird how one works and the others don't. How do you check and change the freq to see if that is it?
Probably have to have a tire shop check it, or I bought OEM sensors from these guys, exact sensors without the price.

https://www.tpms.com/

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I take it these are not OEM sensors. If they are, they need to be 2015+ to work and they require no programming. Aftermarket sensors could be all over the place and will require programming.