2016 Ram Laramie Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought this truck ( 2016 Ram Laramie Limited) used with 20,000 miles back in 9/26/2017 From Dupage Dodge GlenDale Heights, ILL. Up unit this point the truck was flawless. It now has 38,000 miles. When I bought it I purchased the lifetime warranty. I was thinking with a truck like this I just might keep it forever. Keep in mind I'm 68 years old. Well yesterday I'm taking my wife to the grocery store and my CHECK AIR SUSPENSION light comes on. It goes off right away. 10 minutes later it comes back on. So I get home from the store and decide to try out my life time warranty. I call them and they said bring it in we'll check it out. They called today to tell me my air suspension has a broken part and it's not covered by the life time warranty. I went on to say to anyone there that would listen what good is a life time warranty if you aren't going to fix my truck. They went on bla bla bla the part is broken it's not covered. To the tune of $550.00. I have never gotten an extended warranty on anything in my life execpt this truck. Guess what I just got it stuck up my a$$. I have always been a GM guy but I thought I would take a chance because they looked real nice. But after getting it stuck to me I'm done. I can't trust them anymore. So as soon as I get it back on Saturday it's gone. GMC or Silverado here I come.
Sorry to all you Ram Lovers There Warranty system sucks

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats why i never purchase there bull _ _ _ _ warranty theres always something not covered and im sure that warranty wasnt cheap i prefer to fix it myself. If you know what the part is try to do it yourself and save some $$$

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I'd dig deeper and get verification why it isn't fixed, and look hard into the warranty to see what is and isn't covered and what are your rights. Buying a POS Chevy isn't really a smooth move, I had 3 chevy's all lemons, finally won a lemon law on last one, never again. I will say I have no great answer for ya, seems like everything sucks these days, but look challenge fca if the item should have been covered.

Saleen405

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would definitely push the issue a little more. Why are they telling you it’s not covered? When I was looking for a truck, it was between the Laramie and the Limited, I went with the Laramie because I didn’t want the headache of the air suspension. Good luck.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree. Read the warranty carefully to see what it says regarding items excluded from the warranty. The term "lifetime warranty" does not mean it is a bumper to bumper lifetime warranty. If it's not clear to you whether or not the system is excluded or covered, call the warranty company to discuss.

If there are no exclusions for this system in the warranty make a note of it and call the dealer back with facts in hand. Escalate the issue to the service manager as well. If need be, make an appointment with the dealership general manager if you get information that conflicts with the warranty terms from the service department.

OP
OP
Mikark

Mikark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mopar Maxcare. Just got off the phone with Customer Care. They looked up my plan and said I was covered for Air Suspension. The sad thing is the dealership has to call to get approval or denial for any claims. There is no record of any Phone calls. Should all be handled on there end tomorrow. I couldn't take no for an answer.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Definitely need to find out what part of the warranty precludes coverage for your repair. And it has worked for me to go to customer service, in this case FCA if it is their warranty, and provide a logical argument why the original decision was wrong. While I don't have experience directly with Mopar, the other warranties I've had to deal with are all handled through their financial arm, and of course their job is to not spend money but bring it in. Unfortunately you have your experience now, all I can say is that I have had different new Rams since 1994 and have enjoyed them all. And I like the Chevys my cousins have, so this issue aside I think you will end up good no matter what you do. Good luck

OP
OP
Mikark

Mikark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny thing is the customer care told me the same thing. Look for another dealer. We'll see how it goes tomorrow morning otherwise I'm picking it up and moving on down the road to another dealer.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Funny thing is the customer care told me the same thing. Look for another dealer. We'll see how it goes tomorrow morning otherwise I'm picking it up and moving on down the road to another dealer.
Something tells me the dealer figured he could make more from charging you than Mopar. A valuable lesson in why you need to find another dealer, pronto.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's bad when FCA customer care says find a new dealer. My wifes last car was a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica and we had the lifetime on that. I took it in for a front end clunk and the called and said there was a bad tie rod ( covered) and both front struts needed replacement which he said wasn't covered. Well I did a no good sneaky thing, I read the warranty and saw the struts were covered. I called them right back and mentioned that. He said hold on for a minute, he came back and said you're right it is covered. Got both struts, tie rod and 4 wheel alignment for my $100 deductible.

Read the warranty, if they don't specifically mention an item, then it's not covered but the max care is a pretty good warranty. It more than paid for itself on her Pacifica over 13 years.

Good luck, let us know the outcome.
:cheers:

_TopGear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I'd dig deeper and get verification why it isn't fixed, and look hard into the warranty to see what is and isn't covered and what are your rights. Buying a POS Chevy isn't really a smooth move, I had 3 chevy's all lemons, finally won a lemon law on last one, never again. I will say I have no great answer for ya, seems like everything sucks these days, but look challenge fca if the item should have been covered.

I 2nd this! 2 Chevrolet trucks before this one and they sucked.

I feel like I've heard before that dealerships make more profit off of service and parts than their revenue off selling new vehicles. They think they have you locked in for life when you've agreed to a warranty, because they are the first you call when something brakes. it always ends up in an argument to get you you paid for.

I buy used and will probably always buy used, never add any warranty or add ons to what you get, and will always fix things myself or outsource to a mechanic unless absolutely necessary

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yep. Sounds like a dealer that's not willing to follow through on the warranty paperwork and you should be considering a different dealer going forward if that's an option for you ( I have the Lifetime Maxcare on my 18 Laramie).
No guarantee, but if @ram cares chimes in, they may be able to grease the wheels a bit.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Mikark

Mikark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is not a real expensive repair. $550 But after spending all that money on a lifetime warranty I sure didn't expect to be treated like this. When talking to customer care he couldn't undertand it also.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mopar Maxcare. Just got off the phone with Customer Care. They looked up my plan and said I was covered for Air Suspension. The sad thing is the dealership has to call to get approval or denial for any claims. There is no record of any Phone calls. Should all be handled on there end tomorrow. I couldn't take no for an answer.

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Mikark

Mikark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's an update on the Air suspension. I spent a good part of yesterday trying to get to the right people. Everyone is working from home it's not easy right now. Well the moral to the story they denied my claim. The dealer sent a picture where the rear left speed sensor was sheared off. They claim I must of hit something. With that being the case it's not covered under the Lifetime warranty. I told them I didn't hit anything but it didn't matter. I'm picking up the truck today with the broken part. If I can somehow show the Mopar Vehicle Protection Analyst (through pictures) I didn't hit something by looking at the part he will reinburse me. Very good people to deal with. At least there's some very small hope.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have to drive 75 miles to get to a decent dealer and have 2 within 15 miles. Got the (my) dealer recommended by a friend who does the same thing. It’s a crap shoot any time you pull in to a dealer you don’t know.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
You just soumd like you want a chev anyway, no matter what. I have had a off chev , like them 1947 was first.

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They’re all the same. I bought a used 04 Silverado with a “bumper to bumper warranty“ and the audio head unit dies within a month. Dealership initially wasn’t going to replace it because it wasn’t covered by warranty. I replied that the warranty must cover from my front bumper to the vehicle in front’s rear bumper. They eventually fixed it as a courtesy after much haggling. And that was the last extended warranty I ever purchased. They’re basically an easy cash grab.