2017 2500 Throttle Position Sensor Code 2121

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKcpogjl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I have a 2017 Ram 2500, with a 6.7 Cummins. Last fall I started getting error code 2121 for the Throttle Position Sensor. I replaced the throttle pedal, and the error code went away for a couple weeks. It’s back! I can clear the code by turn the engine off. However, sometimes I have to repeat it a couple times because the error comes right back when I start the vehicle. The problem seems to be getting worse.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you need to check the wiring. It sounds like you either have a pin that's "quirky" or "bent" at the point where your throttle (pedal) connects in, or you have a nearly broken wire. Here's the wiring diagram for the system. Also, check your ground to the frame. If it's more than .1 ohms resistance, then your ground (either the wiring or the connection to the frame) is bad.

Attachments

• THROTTLE-CONTROL-SYSTEM---DIESEL.pdf
    146.6 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
AKcpogjl

AKcpogjl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Thank you for the response. I cleaned both connectors with rubbing alcohol, and blew them out with canned air.
This seems to have cleared the issue. I haven't gotten the error since.

Thanks
George