2017 3.6 electical connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottellis1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hope this is right place. I am disassembling 3.6 for oil cooler upgrade. I am having a hell of a time disconnecting fuel injectors and coil packs. Wth am I doing wrong? I've spent 3 hours so far. Any help please! It shouldn't be this difficult.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hope this is right place. I am disassembling 3.6 for oil cooler upgrade. I am having a hell of a time disconnecting fuel injectors and coil packs. Wth am I doing wrong? I've spent 3 hours so far. Any help please! It shouldn't be this difficult.
I just pop the red locking tab up,then use my thumb to push on the tab under it,never had much trouble.
There's probably a video or 2 on youtube showing how to release the tab if you're still having trouble

OP
OP
scottellis1958

scottellis1958

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I appreciate your response. It's been a day. I'm going to get after it again tomorrow. I've watched them all on YouTube. Thx brother I will let you all know how I make out. Thx again.

MSDelta

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Etorque
Forgive me if I am wrong, but thought you only had to remove upper intake manifold to replace oil cooler/housing?Shouldn’t have to touch coils or injectors?

Mea Culpa! Of course you have to remove lower intake. I should have a lockout on posting if I’ve had a couple of glasses of….

I was thinking about removing upper intake in order to get to the plugs and coils on drivers side of engine. If you are close to being due for spark plug change I would do it while you have the intakes off.

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
I just pop the red locking tab up,then use my thumb to push on the tab under it,never had much trouble.
There's probably a video or 2 on youtube showing how to release the tab if you're still having trouble
Not everyone has dainty fingers like Weldone but most knowledgeable mechanics keep a flat head pocket screw driver to help unlock plastic connectors

Amazon Pocket Screw Driver

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgive me if I am wrong, but thought you only had to remove upper intake manifold to replace oil cooler/housing?Shouldn’t have to touch coils or injectors?
Lower manifold and fuel rail has to come out. Don’t need to touch the coils unless you want to get the harness completely out of the way.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Not everyone has dainty fingers like Weldone but most knowledgeable mechanics keep a flat head pocket screw driver to help unlock plastic connectors

Amazon Pocket Screw Driver
Shouldn't you be reconmending Pipe Dope ;) :Big Laugh:
They have these things called exercise balls,where you squeeze them with your hands to help strengthen your fingers. You should pick one up,and use it for an hour or more a day,and in a couple months you just might be strong enough to squeeze the lock tab with your fingers,instead of needing a crutch :waytogo: :Big Laugh:

Last edited: