2018 Power Wagon Oil leak on Drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee Stroud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi guys!
I have a 2018 power wagon! I have an oil leak on the driver side of the engine! I have attached a picture so you can see!
My truck has had the valve cover gasket replaced once already! It has about 4,000 or 5,000 miles on it when the valve cover gasket was replaced due to a leak in exactly the same spot as in this picture. It didn't appear to leak for a long time about 10,000 or 12,000 miles now this is happening again! However, It only leaks in this spot if the truck is idling on an front up hill incline! It was much worse before the dealer replaced the Valve cover gasket! They also broke 2 valve cover bolts in the process! I appreciate any help or suggestions you might have! My truck now has 23,000 miles on it!

oil leak ed 2.jpg

oil leak ed1.jpg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well. Looks like you might need a new valve cover gasket again then.

Seems odd. Never heard of this before.

SWtransportdesign

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Big Horn Crew Cab 4WD
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
Lee Stroud, what ended up causing this leak? My 2019 Ram 1500 Classic with the 5.7 has an oil leak in the identical spot. It's been to the dealer for it twice; the first time, when it was less than a year old, they said they tightened the left valve cover bolts. Second time, they replaced the left valve cover gasket. It's leaking again, and the truck just passed 31,000 miles, although it's had this very slow leak since new. It appears to be from above the head gasket, and I'm wondering if it's the intake manifold gasket. I've looked myself and can't see anything, but I haven't pulled the intake to look at the MDS solenoids.

BowerPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
To determine the source of a leak you go to the higher spot you can find the liquid. In your case it is right below the valve cover. Looks valve cover to me but I can't say for sure without looking over it in person. The bolts in the valve cover could have loosed up a little.