2018 Ram 1500 HVAC Control Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan Duvall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi I am new here I hope I am in the right place. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Express. It has the manual climate controls. I’m not sure if this is normal, but when I turn my A/C on blower speed 7 in the truck with the recirculation off it opens the recirculation door anyway. Turning the speed down to around 5 closes the door. I’m not aware of my truck having a humidity sensor as it has no module on the window. Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance, Jordan.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
This is a normal thing I Beleive. This is The max ac setting for coldest possible temperatures.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yep. 1 notch back you can turn it off manually, my ford transit connect work van does the same.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi I am new here I hope I am in the right place. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Express. It has the manual climate controls. I’m not sure if this is normal, but when I turn my A/C on blower speed 7 in the truck with the recirculation off it opens the recirculation door anyway. Turning the speed down to around 5 closes the door. I’m not aware of my truck having a humidity sensor as it has no module on the window. Can someone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance, Jordan.
Welcome Jordan!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yeap, mine did the same thing of going into recirc when the fan was set to 7. It would sometimes would going I to recirc if the temp in the cab was high enough even on lower fan settings.
I have since added the temp and humidity sensors along with changing it to single zone ATC. Great mod to undertake, you can get all the parts from supporting vendors on this forum.
A shout out and you can get all the parts needed for the conversion from @Mpgrimm2 @DeereGuy and @AllMoparParts.com
Then you just need AlfaOBD with an OBDLink MX to enable it ..who knows maybe @big daddys house will do great how to video on it

OP
OP
J

Jordan Duvall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks for the replies. It does this when not on Max A/C, it’s just strange as I’ve never had vehicle do this. I might look into adding the equipment! Sounds like it’d be a great add on.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeap, mine did the same thing of going into recirc when the fan was set to 7. It would sometimes would going I to recirc if the temp in the cab was high enough even on lower fan settings.
I have since added the temp and humidity sensors along with changing it to single zone ATC. Great mod to undertake, you can get all the parts from supporting vendors on this forum.
A shout out and you can get all the parts needed for the conversion from @Mpgrimm2 @DeereGuy and @AllMoparParts.com
Then you just need AlfaOBD with an OBDLink MX to enable it ..who knows maybe @big daddys house will do great how to video on it
I love you! lol [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited: