2018 RAM Cruise Control Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheKid7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
My cruise control touch pad went out (non-responsive). The truck is still under warranty and I plan to get it fixed next week.

Curiosity Question: If this happens again when the truck is out of warranty, about how much would it cost at the Dealer to get it fixed? Assumption: The problem can be fixed by replacing the touch pad.

I asked the Dealer this question, but they did not give me a straight answer.

Thanks in Advance.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
You can get them on eBay for about $60 and they're not too bad to install. Sometomes smacking the wheel above the cruise control makes it work awhyle longer.

OP
OP
T

TheKid7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
You can get them on eBay for about $60 and they're not too bad to install. Sometomes smacking the wheel above the cruise control makes it work awhyle longer.
What's a brief summary of the scope of work if I did the work myself? How do you get the pad out to change it?

What would you guess would be the amount of hours labor that the dealer would charge for doing the work?

Thank you.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
It's probly ah hour.
this video will help kind of explain it. It's very close to the rams except the ram cover is held on by 5 torx screws instead of 10mm bolts. Two at the bottom of the wheel and three on the back you'll need to turn the wheel to get at them.
If you have basic tools and Alittle bit of mechanical knowledge you can do this no problem. f670f0886af3b04fb485746cf72e97c2.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
At the dealer it'll likely be expensive as they will want to supply their parts and you'll be paying their labor as well.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My cruise control touch pad went out (non-responsive). The truck is still under warranty and I plan to get it fixed next week.

Curiosity Question: If this happens again when the truck is out of warranty, about how much would it cost at the Dealer to get it fixed? Assumption: The problem can be fixed by replacing the touch pad.

I asked the Dealer this question, but they did not give me a straight answer.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi TheKid7,

If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message!

Mark
RamCares