2019 3500 Cummins coolant in oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So my beloved truck shot me a message that the exhaust filter is full. UMMMMM...With only 10,600 miles. Delivered it to Blue Ridge Chrysler Dodge, Ram Jeep. Best service writer I've ever had. Kept me up to date as to the inspections and results. I knew I was screwed when she says " Mr. Schu we are getting a loner for you to drive for the next serval days." "Has anyone been under the hood? Is this your first oil change?"
"No the former and Yes to the latter."

"Well, the tech found coolant in the oil, and the exhaust filter plugged ......He said this is not good and on a motor with only 10k in miles. ...."

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ouch...I'm guessing a head gasket has failed.

Good luck!

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sounds like the hg as mentioned. Guess Cummins isn’t paying attention when they assembled that engine.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
Shuie, if your truck needs an engine I don't think you should let them install a rebuild. I would insist on a new long block if the truck were mine and had that few of miles on it.

There is another juncture where oil and coolant could cross contaminate, at the turbo. I would want the turbo checked or replaced before being reinstalled on another engine, well, if it were mine.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Taking a guess at it, with that few miles FCA will drop a new engine and exhaust in it. Those will get sent back to engineering for a post morbidity inspection to see what happened.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I’d lean toward the turbo failing if the exhaust filter is plugged and the engine hasn’t hydro-locked.

JRS950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
So my beloved truck shot me a message that the exhaust filter is full. UMMMMM...With only 10,600 miles. Delivered it to Blue Ridge Chrysler Dodge, Ram Jeep. Best service writer I've ever had. Kept me up to date as to the inspections and results. I knew I was screwed when she says " Mr. Schu we are getting a loner for you to drive for the next serval days." "Has anyone been under the hood? Is this your first oil change?"
"No the former and Yes to the latter."

"Well, the tech found coolant in the oil, and the exhaust filter plugged ......He said this is not good and on a motor with only 10k in miles. ...."

How did this turn out for you?