2019 6.7 Cummins Aftermarket Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestCoastHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
So, I bought the new 2019 Ram 3500 6.7 L Cummins and man is it ever quiet...I'm hoping someone on here can give me some idea in how I can make my truck louder without having to resort to deleting emission related components and voiding my warranty or getting a fine.

Im deleting the EGR, DEF and Cat after my warranty is up but that's not for another 5 and a half years.

Preferably, I'd like to do a muffler delete and put a cold air intake in but I'm not sure how much that will change the sound. Has anyone done this before or know if it would be even worth it? (Cold air intake is obviously worth it)

Thanks!

OP
OP
WestCoastHemi

WestCoastHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Great...so deleting the DPF would be my best bet but that would definitely void my warranty.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yup...that's how the system works.

The CAI is a good idea.

ddetar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins 6.7
Have you been able to find a CAI ? K&N nor AFE has anything at this point, as with damn near anything I try to buy for my truck.

OP
OP
WestCoastHemi

WestCoastHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I've called S&B and K&N about their CAI and they both said that they're working on it and it is still a couple months away from being released

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
CAI is a complete waste of money and inferior filtration. Stick with the stock unit, it is more then capable of flowing more air then your truck needs and offers the best filtration.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can remove only the muffler and replace only that section with a straight pipe without voiding warranty.
As far as deleting when it goes out of warranty, you may not be able to do that. The EPA has just passed a law (in 2019) making it illegal for tuner programming to delete factory emission systems. Those days are coming to an end this year.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can remove only the muffler and replace only that section with a straight pipe without voiding warranty.

The Cummins doesn't have a muffler. There is nothing to remove but the SCR and the DPF and that would require a tuner to disable them (which are on their way out)