2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
It is still unclear to me if there is any regular sized mirror glass that has blind spot built in, along with the other features.

Do we know if the smaller portion of the tow mirror glass fits in place of the regular size mirror glass on a non-tow mirror?

Chris.....I believe 2019 HD Rams with the regular mirrors (6X9) can have blind spot and cross path detection, not just the tow mirrors. I attached a link to the Ram catalog. See page 46, the right side column, "Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group (P1)".

http://digimag.rrd.com/Chrysler/DNL/2019-Ram-Heavy Duty-Catalog.pdf

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chris.....I believe 2019 HD Rams with the regular mirrors (6X9) can have blind spot and cross path detection, not just the tow mirrors. I attached a link to the Ram catalog. See page 46, the right side column, "Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group (P1)".

http://digimag.rrd.com/Chrysler/DNL/2019-Ram-Heavy Duty-Catalog.pdf

Thats interesting...I was just looking at the overall list of options, and if you look at "Mirrors, Exterior" (page 42/43) options, the only ones that list Blind Spot start with "trailer/tow" so Im not sure.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Thats interesting...I was just looking at the overall list of options, and if you look at "Mirrors, Exterior" (page 42/43) options, the only ones that list Blind Spot start with "trailer/tow" so Im not sure.

I would find it surprising that only Rams with tow mirrors would have the blind spot capability. More HD Rams do not have tow mirrors than do have them.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would find it surprising that only Rams with tow mirrors would have the blind spot capability. More HD Rams do not have tow mirrors than do have them.

Agreed, I thought it was odd as well, but there is only one non-trailer-tow mirror listed in the mirror section, and it does NOT list blind spot.

Im sure it wouldnt be the first time the catalog was "off", though.

So the question would be if the 2500 non-tow mirror glass fits in the 4th gen 1500 non-tow mirror, then to find the 2500 non-tow mirror glass with blind spot and see if it has autodim, heat, etc as well.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Agreed, I thought it was odd as well, but there is only one non-trailer-tow mirror listed in the mirror section, and it does NOT list blind spot.

Im sure it wouldnt be the first time the catalog was "off", though.

So the question would be if the 2500 non-tow mirror glass fits in the 4th gen 1500 non-tow mirror, then to find the 2500 non-tow mirror glass with blind spot and see if it has autodim, heat, etc as well.

The 6X9 mirror you mention also does not list power folding and auto dim either. But it is available. The info I refferenced clearly states a 6X9 mirror with blind spot as standard on that Laramie trim. And as far as mirrors for 4th Gens, the 1500 and 2500 use the same mirrors.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 6X9 mirror you mention also does not list power folding and auto dim either. But it is available. The info I refferenced clearly states a 6X9 mirror with blind spot as standard on that Laramie trim. And as far as mirrors for 4th Gens, the 1500 and 2500 use the same mirrors.
Ok then... We should reach out to Benny to see about glass part numbers.

I think the ones Jimmy posted were tow mirror glass.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered tow mirrors with power fold ,heated and blind spot
So the ones I ordered don’t have autodim.
Did you by chance make notes on which wires you had to repin in new spots ?
I will have to add the tow mirror support brackets as well .
My Mirrors are black and not chrome so won’t have tilt in reverse .

I have not wire spot lights yet. I will need add a switch for it to make it work. On the 2019 mirrors, there are three connectors, one of which is green. The green connector has wiring for spot lights and turn signals as parking lamps. That will be one of my next projects. Also, my mirrors have cameras, so not sure if they are the same as the ones your purchased. I am almost 100 percent positive they are auto dim because I noticed a very significant difference during my commute which I do both ways in the dark.

Just make sure you are purchasing 2500 or 3500 mirrors. There is no feature for power fold or dim for the 1500 tow mirrors and they will physically not fit, do to the depth of the mirror and mounting location of the studs. Trust me, I have tried.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Ok then... We should reach out to Benny to see about glass part numbers.

I think the ones Jimmy posted were tow mirror glass.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Chris....I checked cars.com for a 2019 Ram HD that had blind spot and no tow mirrors. I think I found one. The first link is to the Ram on the cars.com web site:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/776948066/overview/

Here is a link to the window sticker:

https://window-sticker-services.pse.dealer.com/windowsticker/ram?vin=3C6UR5SL7KG589372

From the photos on cars.com it looks like it does not have tow mirrors. And the window sticker lists blind spot but does not list tow mirrors as an option. Let me know what you think. You may be able to use this trucks VIN to order the mirrors from Benny.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chris....I checked cars.com for a 2019 Ram HD that had blind spot and no tow mirrors. I think I found one. The first link is to the Ram on the cars.com web site:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/776948066/overview/

Here is a link to the window sticker:

https://window-sticker-services.pse.dealer.com/windowsticker/ram?vin=3C6UR5SL7KG589372

From the photos on cars.com it looks like it does not have tow mirrors. And the window sticker lists blind spot but does not list tow mirrors as an option. Let me know what you think. You may be able to use this trucks VIN to order the mirrors from Benny.

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C6UR5SL7KG589372

Shows that it does have trailer tow mirrors.......

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh well....maybe later I will search cars.com more............

Not sure how accurate it is, but if you try and "build your own" 2500 on CarsDirect, when you add the Safety Group and/or Blind Spot directly, the option always comes with tow mirrors included in the price.

If you try to add the Laramie Level 1 group (which includes Blind Spot), it also "upgrades" to tow mirrors.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is my again. Sorry for be annoying and sorry for the off topic. I just wondering if I swap my cluster gauge for the 7" is possible to adjust the values, mph and time with the obdlink and alfaobd?

Thanks again.

OP
OP
S

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my mirror glass and they are correct for tow mirrors.

Part # Left 68401395AA
Right 68401394AA

They moved where the wires hook up for the heated mirror, not a big deal to extend the wires.
View media item 28510View media item 28511
All done! they fit just like the ones that came off, you have to transfer the anti shake clips from the old glass but they snap right on.

Driver

View media item 28519
Passenger

View media item 28518

Last edited:

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Part # Left 68401395AA
Right 68401394AA

They moved where the wires hook up for the heated mirror, not a big deal to extend the wires.
All done! they fit just like the ones that came off, you have to transfer the anti shake clips from the old glass but they snap right on.

Driver

View media item 28519
Passenger

View media item 28518
This is awesome. I cant see the pictures.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is my again. Sorry for be annoying and sorry for the off topic. I just wondering if I swap my cluster gauge for the 7" is possible to adjust the values, mph and time with the obdlink and alfaobd?

Thanks again.
Yes, you can update those. There is a ton of info on in the AlfaOBD thread in the DIY section. Highly recommend reading the first post of that thread.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Part # Left 68401395AA
Right 68401394AA

Driver

View media item 28519
Passenger

View media item 28518
Is this glass auto dim?