2019 Ram 2500 Trailer Blind Spot Monitoring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Race Dad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I waited for a 2019 Ram 2500 with the toeing technology group to arrive at a local dealer. Now that I have purchased it and towed my trailer I don't seem to have blind spot monitoring with the trailer on as advertised. Dealer hasn't been much help but in their defense they have no place for me to pull into never mind park with a 28 foot trailer in tow for me to show it to them. Anyone have this option and does it work for you?

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
It pains me to say this. But everything I have seen on the ram for blind spot it says truck only witch is sad because ford has had blind spot with trailer for quite some time.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
what I like about it on my 1500 is that it lets me know when my trailer has passed someone in the lane next to me so I can move over. I also get a warning if it thinks I am cutting a corner too close for the trailer. after a cpl. turns it estimates the trailer length somehow.

OP
OP
R

Race Dad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Jus Cruising -
From the welcome to ownership email with videos:
00:00

00:58

Overview How It Works Disclaimer

The availableBlind Spot Monitoring1 system identifies vehicles entering blind spot and aids when changing lanes:

Two ultra-wide band radar-based sensors, located in the rear of the vehicle, scan either side of vehicle

Detection zone covers approximately one lane over on both sides of vehicle

Notifies that another vehicle is in the blind spot

Icons on exterior sideview mirrors indicate presence of another vehicle

Choose audible warning

On the all-new Ram 2500/3500, the Blind Spot Monitoring1 feature also includes an additional 39.5 feet to help further identify objects in the blind-spot zone when towing a trailer!

OP
OP
R

Race Dad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
runamock-
when you first start your truck with the trailer attached do you get a warning message on the display that says something such as "trailer detected, blind spot monitoring turned off'?

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
runamock-
when you first start your truck with the trailer attached do you get a warning message on the display that says something such as "trailer detected, blind spot monitoring turned off'?

I dont remember. I have a utility trailer in the driveway right now so I will hook it on in a while and see what happens. will post back later

Ken B 007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
runamock
I get a message that says "Trailer brake connected go to vehicle settings to set up trailer" I've been to settings and chosen a trailer and blind spot is set to auto, but the led indicator that a trailer is connected showing the trailer length in the instrumentation almost never comes on. When it does everything works great, when it doesn't I get lights and beeps when I use my blinkers. The truck thinks my trailer is in my blind spot.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
sorry. got side tracked. I will check this out. I dont remember doing anything special. just hook on trailer and go. I use tow/haul and the screen pops up that shows trailer attached and after a cpl. turns it shows an estimated trailer length.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I would like the TPMS for the trailer. that's the thing I worry about the most when towing. how are the china bomb tires holding up.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
runamock-

I checked mine yesterday because I had forgot, but yes I get the message at first but after put in gear and head out it recognizes trailer. you can go to settings and make sure it is turned on and set the length or leave on auto as I do. you can enable lights or lights and chimes. there is also as service order for mine but I plan to combine trip to dealer with airbag recall and an oil change so have not done that yet.