2019 Ram Classic...Price Paid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Well apparently I didn't do as well as I thought compared to some of y'all, but good on you guys/gals for scouting the deals and being patient!

MSRP was 49.7k, I walked out the door at 39k.

Express, crew cab, 5.7, 8speed, 4x4, 3.92, limited slip, hydro blue w/ sport hood and decal, black out option, black cloth interior, 7" evic, 8.4" UAS, tow package, bed liner, tint.

Wasn't in the market for a truck, but this truck literally checked all the boxes on what I was missing from my '16 express which was 2wd, 3.21, no limited slip, smaller evic and radio while retaining the jump seat. Could have gotten into a lot of other trucks for better deals, but they were all bucket/center console trucks.

Also this was a limited run of the limited run classics. Only one dealership in Texas had the truck (actually had 5) and closest after that was Missouri, Wisconsin, New York, and a few on the east coast that I could find. Not all were configured the same, but close.

I originally tried going through my local dealership to acquire the truck, so I wouldn't have to drive 4hrs one way to go get the truck, but the dealership wouldn't release/sell the truck to my local dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on your new ride! Too bad the lot trade didn't work, my dealer did a lot trade for my neighbor a few years back and he did it for me 2 years ago as well, oh well their loss!

jonmarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my 2019 Big Horn CC 2WD for about $31,900. Only things missing were heated seats/wheel and trailer brake/controller. Not a big fan of built in Navi, not missing it with Apple Car Play.

Hallowfear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
There are some really unbelievable claims to prices paid here. Under $25K for a brand new 2019 classic, 4x4 QC with options??

I'm not trying to sound like a total douche, but yeah... NO. That price is not happening for a truck with a $40K+ MSRP.

$17-18K off? Sure, maybe on one with a $50-60K sticker price/MSRP, but most certainly not on one with a $40K sticker.

My brother purchased a 2019 Classic QC express 4x4, pentastar. back in Jan/Feb of this year. Sticker was $39925. He paid around $31500 + tax/title, etc. He could have done better (did it without me LOL), but if you're getting 20-25% off of sticker price on a pickup truck these days, you are doing well.

I'm not going to go paperwork to prove anything the best I can do for you is a screenshot of the website for a local dealership where I bought my truck the screenshots of the exact same truck almost including right down to the colour it's only $1,000 more approximately than what I paid for it now.

Remember this is Canadian dollars so take that price and convert it to American too fairly compared to your prices.

I have no reason to make any false claims and I don't understand what I would benefit from doing so

Screenshot_20190911-114921.png

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I hear you, but having been down this road before, the "our price" is dependent on incentives where almost no one qualifies for ALL of them. First time buyer, military, recent college grad, etc..

~$25500 USD for that truck is one heck of a price. It's a good $5-6K better than what you would do in the Buffalo NY area.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
The incentives is a sham, I got 33% off MSRP in like March 2018 on a leftover 17, had I waited 2 more months I saw the same dealer list the same trucks for another 2k off!!!

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The incentives is a sham, I got 33% off MSRP in like March 2018 on a leftover 17, had I waited 2 more months I saw the same dealer list the same trucks for another 2k off!!!
What!!???

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Peel is a dealership in Canada in Toronto. They literally have the best prices for rams around. They sell at really low prices and sell in bulk to make profit.
You really can’t beat the prices there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

airn890

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone ever brought one into the states from canada.
After thinking about it, it probably would end up costing the same

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
What!!???
It's all smoke and mirrors, but if you play through their shenanigans everyone can get that price, that's what I saw back in early 2018 when I got my truck.

The ****** thing is paying tax on your 55k truck when you think the price was 36k but all the damn incentives and if you lookat your paperwork they don't list anything against any incentives

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have bought a few trucks from them and always gotten a good deal. Got 17k off of my bosses 17 Laramie and 17.5k off of my buddies 19 Bighorn Classic plus good deals on the other trucks we have bought. When my buddy bought his Classic they were selling them so fast by the time we got there at 9 AM the three white ones they had the previous evening were gone so he ended up with the silver. If you decide to buy from them ask for Victor and tell him Rick with the tricked out Express sent you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Better know as "RICK THE TRICK"...lol

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, look at all those low prices. If you can walk in with cash, and no trade, those are awesome deals.

But if you're trading anything in, taking out a loan, or worse yet, both, you don't have a clue what that thing REALLY cost. Those prices are just the hook to get you in the door.

Don't believe me. Go to the experts. Watch the YouTube vid made by the ex used car salesman. You'll see what really goes on behind closed doors when you deal with dealerships.

While you're at it watch a few YouTube vids by Dave Ramsey on buyin a vehicle.

Good luck.

Jan of 16 i went in with a convience trade of a 2010 with about 25000 mi on it..Slt with sport package.....I got $25000 for my 2010,paid off the 13 thou i owed and put the 12 on the new one..Saved on the tax part,new 16 sport,0% finance and kept my payment the same over 5 yrs(About $10,000 remaining on it)..Forget what my bottom line out the door final amount was but went to my finance guy and he said GRAB it..Good deal..

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's probably more wise financially if you can pay cash, but you're not going to get a better deal on a new vehicle purchase by paying cash. The dealer is going to make slightly less money off of you this way, so there's zero incentive for them.

Some rebates and cash incentives are dependent on you financing through the dealership as well.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's probably more wise financially if you can pay cash, but you're not going to get a better deal on a new vehicle purchase by paying cash. The dealer is going to make slightly less money off of you this way, so there's zero incentive for them.

Some rebates and cash incentives are dependent on you financing through the dealership as well.
You are exactly right. If you have the cash it's usually smarter to finance the truck and get all the incentives and then pay the truck off with your first payment or refinance it with your own bank or whatever place gives you the best interest rate.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
You are exactly right. If you have the cash it's usually smarter to finance the truck and get all the incentives and then pay the truck off with your first payment or refinance it with your own bank or whatever place gives you the best interest rate.

Still need to read the fine print, some loans have penalties if you pay it off too fast

OP
OP
A

airn890

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My buddy bought his Bighorn Classic for 17,500.00 off of sticker price at Elk Grove dodge in CA. Nice truck pretty well loaded. 4x4 limited slip Hemi, with the UAS 8.4 radio. Pretty much all the goodies except no heated seats and wheel. I think he ended up paying around 29k 5be530aab87879079359c93d4bfad00e.jpg

I see Elk Grove dodge all over auto trader with crazy prices. A lot of the rebates are for residents of Cali though