2019 Rambox Holster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
Has anyone used the Mopar holster in a 2019 Rambox? Their site does not show the existing option is a fit for the 2019 model year. Any better options out there?

OP
OP
Beltsand

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Well timed...I have the same question.
Did you ever find an answer on this topic? I think I am going to order the Gen 4 holster part (82212359AE) and try to make it work.

AirAntix

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you ever find an answer on this topic? I think I am going to order the Gen 4 holster part (82212359AE) and try to make it work.

I heard/read somewhere that the Rambox design changed. Just not sure which year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Beltsand

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I ordered the Gen 4 part. Should have it Friday. I'll post the results either way.

OP
OP
Beltsand

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Did the install yesterday. The plate that came with the kit would fit in the box, but would not sit in the right place as it was made. The mounting holes were the right spacing for the existing two screws that were in the rambox. I made a template with cardboard to line up the interference points in the box with the plate to let it sit in the right position. Cut it with a jigsaw and the rest of the installation was easy. Downside is only one of the mounts can be used based on the location of the latch hardware, but it will work for me.

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

IMG_1367.JPG

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn that's cool. Now I have to find Rambox bed in blue pearlcoat.

ThrillRacing76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What is the maximum length firearm that would fit in the box with your holster. Nice install and great pictures thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beltsand

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
What is the maximum length firearm that would fit in the box with your holster. Nice install and great pictures thank you!

I'll have to get a tape measure and check the length. The front cradle can be put in three different positions to accommodate different rifles. I have it in the middle location in the pics and it fits my 700 great. Haven't tried my shotgun in it yet.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Damn that's cool. Now I have to find Rambox bed in blue pearlcoat.

Like the one I bought yesterday? This is my first truck with the rambox option. I kind of like the idea of the holster. Thanks for posting your pics Beltsand!
2020 RAM 1.png

Poppa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thank you for the photos of your refit of the Ram Box Holster.
I still do not think there has been a new OEM design for the 2019 yet.
I am curious though, how is it holding up in the field?
Is it holding your rifle secure enough that minor bounce and vibration
off-road is not affecting your scope?
Looks Great!

OP
OP
Beltsand

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thank you for the photos of your refit of the Ram Box Holster.
I still do not think there has been a new OEM design for the 2019 yet.
I am curious though, how is it holding up in the field?
Is it holding your rifle secure enough that minor bounce and vibration
off-road is not affecting your scope?
Looks Great!
Thanks! Worked perfect. I transported my rifle in the rambox and used it through season without issue. It sits very secure. I don't have a lot of rough terrain to run through, but there are a few rough fields I bounced through and plenty of gravel roads. The only think I would like better is the pop rivets are not very tight. Going to find a self tapping screw or something to replace those at some point. Season was slow for deer movement, but was able to add three does to the freezer!

OP
OP
Beltsand

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm curious if anyone else did what I did, or found a better option for less. Anyone run into issues? Mine is still working great and have no plans to change it, but always interested to know if anything better is out there!

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my 2020 in black with the Ramboxes....immediately checked out the holster prices and said naw....went to Amazon and $27 later I had the Kolpin double rack set. Got them installed the first week I had it. Fit perfectly right where they are supposed to according to what I have seen. Awesome and I saved $225! Can't find the photo so will take another one as soon as I can and get it posted.

I have a Savage 10T with a 24" barrel and it fits perfectly with a couple inches to spare.