2020 2500 U-Connect 4 Nav question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just purchased a 2500 Big Horn with the 8.4 Non Navigation. Can I add navigation? I have called and they said it isn't available right now. I cannot find the answer other than a 2600.00 upgrade. I know I can use my phone but some of the places I go I dont have phone service. Thanks in advance.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The newer non-NAV radios can not be upgraded via software like the old radios. Only choice for factory NAV is to replace the radio. Check LKQ or Car-part.com for one out of a wrecked 2019+ truck.

Most of the navigation apps on the phone allow one to download maps to the phone for areas where there might not be cell service. A larger SD card for your phone to store maps would be way cheaper than buying a new radio.

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The newer non-NAV radios can not be upgraded via software like the old radios. Only choice for factory NAV is to replace the radio. Check LKQ or Car-part.com for one out of a wrecked 2019+ truck.

Most of the navigation apps on the phone allow one to download maps to the phone for areas where there might not be cell service. A larger SD card for your phone to store maps would be way cheaper than buying a new radio.
Also the navigation apps on your phone are more up-to-date and less expensive.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

KG5TUD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I forgot to mention Android Auto or whatever the Apple version is seems to be much more user-friendly.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Just purchased a 2500 Big Horn with the 8.4 Non Navigation. Can I add navigation? I have called and they said it isn't available right now. I cannot find the answer other than a 2600.00 upgrade. I know I can use my phone but some of the places I go I dont have phone service. Thanks in advance.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares