2020 Classic Radio Aftermarket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djarrett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greg, for your truck you will need the following:
Idatalink rr maestro interface module
Idatalink hrn rr ch3 factory intergration adapter
Metra 6518B dash kit (standard double din radio size)
Antenna adapter 40-eu55

You will have to cut some sheet metal out of the way behind the stock radio. You will lose uconnect and the factory microphone. The aftermarket radio will do Bluetooth and handsfree, it will be independent from the factory hard parts. The steering wheel call buttons will still work with the aftermarket radio. Make sure the aftermarket radio comes with a microphone, I usually place the mic in the headliner above the A pillar. Make sure the radio supports the maestro rr unit, and you will retain all the factory options that's is available in your current head unit. The stock usb will not work, make sure the radio you get has the available USB and /or sd slots that you may want for your media, as well as Bluetooth. Most radios that are Android auto compatible will include all that I have named off, and should have the USB slot for android auto to work. Some radios now have wireless Android auto, and that is really nice to have. I normally rout the USB wiring out of sight, and mount the USB in the center console. The maestro unit will also display the song playing in the 7" evic, instead of just generic language, I am unsure if it will display the song title in the 3.5" evic.

I have installed at least 10 aftermarket radios into ram trucks from 04- 19. I haven't installed into a 2020 classic yet, but research confirms that what I listed is compatible. If you want to verify email idatalink. You will also have to install a downloader from maestro to download the proper files to the rr unit for your specific vehicle . It an easy process, but you will have to use internet explorer during the programming, or I did last summer, as that was the last time I had to download files from maestro.

Any more questions just ask.