2022 Ram 1500 Uconnect 5 NAV 8.4 Speaker Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HokieKev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Hi all,

I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Uconnect 5 NAV 8.4 with the 9 speakers + subwoofer. I've heard that replacing the speakers can greatly improve the audio - and I'd like to do a drop in speaker replacement. I saw a link to Harman Kardon speakers in another post but the link was broken. I am not a person that needs a ton of base so I was thinking about just keeping the subwoofer the same.

Can anyone give me a list of where the 9 speakers are and the Harman Kardon and/or Infinity Speaker Model/Part numbers and links that would replace each of the 9 speakers?

Incidentally, I find the current speakers OK - but, honestly, I don't even hear any audio coming out of speakers in the doors - I am wondering if they are even connected. Only speakers I hear are center above the dash.

Any pointers to YouTube videos or other information people think was good will be most appreciated.

TIA

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
The problem you will have, is the factory Alpine speakers are 2ohm while most aftermarket are 4ohm. If you simply swamp them, you will lose volume as they are getting roughly 1/2 the power. Second, the HK is 19 a speaker system so you don't have direct replacements. Additionally it is not easy to change the speakers in the headliner.

My 2022 came with the 9 speaker Alpine and most of the bass comes from the front door 6x9s, that tiny sub on the back wall isn't doing much. You'd be better off going aftermarket all the way around :D

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I did a full speaker "upgrade" on my 2500 with the Alpine system which is actively crossed over upfront. Your door speakers are only going to play some deeper mids and lows while everything higher up will be coming from the dash. In past FCA vehicles I really liked the Infinity References in the dash, however, on this truck they were just too bright and I couldn't do anything to tone them down after letting them break in. What I ended up with was the following for now. Keep in mind these notes are from a 2500 which is still a 4th gen cab under the updated interior panels. I also have an ANC bypass harness as well as ANC is disabled in AlfaODB. While it did work just fine with ANC (You have to have to have ensure that you get all the phasing right when wiring up) disabling ANC really opens up the frequency response. Being that I have a Cummins there's no annoying MDS frequencies to cancel out so ANC wasn't doing a whole lot for me.

In the future I will probably do something like a DSR1 (once it works with '22+ UConnect 5 systems in HDs) with a better sub box and better amps, but for now it's been a nice upgrade from the stock speakers.

Front Dash 3.5 - Skar TX35 (4 Ohm) - These things are fat and are a tight fit especially if you have a tinted windshield and you're trying to protect the tint. At lower volumes they are a bit subdued, but at mid to high volume they come alive and blend in quite well for all types of music considering what they are.
Front 6x9 - CDT Audio CL-69S (2 Ohm Model) - These really cleaned up the front door mids/bass. I'd say they were really close to the Kappas in my last Challenger, but you can tell it's a slim design as compared to those deep/fat Kappas. The cutting of plastic to clear that fat magnet wasn't too bad and it didn't bother me. I've done worse on other vehicles.
Rear 6x9 - CDT Audio HD-690SEX (2 Ohm Model) - These are very much identical to the mid-bass only option, but they have a 1" silk dome tweeter with a basic on-board cross over. They work really nice for rear fill and eliminated the annoyance of the stock driver trying and failing to play highs behind me. Same exact cutting required being basically the same main driver with a tweeter bolted on. The rear fill now isn't distracting at all to me as they blend well with the rest of the system.
Pioneer - TSA2000LD2 - Eh it's alot cleaner and it doesn't misbehave nearly as much when asked to extend low. It's not much if any louder, but with the output increase from the CDT 6x9's it blends nicely and does help fill out the lows. Certain tracks you can clearly tell you have an 8" and not a 10 or 12, but it does what it can cleanly without getting nearly as messy. I'd say the combo is about on par with many of the shallow/low power 10" subs I've heard or had in various vehicles over the years. To note I'm talking about those all in one amp, sub, box deals like those contained Rockford wedges, not something of higher quality in a custom box with more power. You can tell you have some decent bass, but it's not gonna blow your socks off by any means.