2023 Sport vs. Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Campbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. Can anybody tell me the differences of sport vs Laramie. Besides the obvious painted bumper etc. ?

it seems sport has no air suspesnion.
no driver 2 toggle memory seats
no rear heat seat options

anything else?

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Unless they Changed it, the Limited is the only one with standard 4 corner.

Are you referring to options or standard equipment?

Edit, I am not seeing sport in the website to even do a comparison.

Last edited:

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hi. Can anybody tell me the differences of sport vs Laramie. Besides the obvious painted bumper etc. ?

anything else?
"Laramie" is a trim package that comes with a few standard bells & whistles like leather interior, heated & vented seats, power driver/passenger seats, etc.

"Sport" is an appearance package option that can be added to the Bighorn or Laramie trim. It's mostly an aesthetic choice which gives the body-colored bumpers & mirrors, 20" wheels, stickers, etc. You'd think it would have a lower gear ratio or tuned (or air) suspension...but it doesn't (sadly).

OP
OP
J

John Campbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes. Referring to if the sport was as loaded as it could get

for example. I believe the sport never comes with air suspension? Or can it?
I know once it comes without adding the factory suspension by the dealer seems a no go

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Sport doesn’t come with air suspension, but you can add it if you’re ordering it through a dealer.

DFowler1128

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Sport is the appearance package Ram offers. It replaces all accents and some features(grille, mirrors, handles, bumpers, etc.) with the the color of the body.

Laramie is a top trim package Ram offers and has the most bells and whistles of all the trims. There’s a bunch of optional equipment packages that can be put on each truck.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

There is no "Sport vs. Laramie". You can get a Laramie with OR without the Sport Appearance package, which as others noted is mainly an appearance package. The Sport package may or may not preclude you from certain other options available on the Laramie.

So, for example, you CAN get a Laramie with the Sport Appearance package that will have the driver memory and the rear heated seats. I'm guessing you are looking at a Big Horn model that has the Sport package and concluded because it doesnt have those things that any Ram with a Sport package must not have those things, which is untrue.

I believe the minimum trim level for 4-corner Air suspension is Laramie (regardless of whether you get the sport appearance package)
Sport is the appearance package Ram offers. It replaces all accents and some features(grille, mirrors, handles, bumpers, etc.) with the the color of the body.

Laramie is a top trim package Ram offers and has the most bells and whistles of all the trims. There’s a bunch of optional equipment packages that can be put on each truck.
The LIMITED is the top trim level for RAM. Laramie and Laramie Longhorn rank just below the Limited.

ljheptig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
If you are wanting bells and whistles, the Laramie-Longhorn-Southfork Edition has it all.

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque
You don't want air suspension if you are up north. Lots of comments
about trouble in cold temps.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
"Laramie" is a trim package that comes with a few standard bells & whistles like leather interior, heated & vented seats, power driver/passenger seats, etc.

"Sport" is an appearance package option that can be added to the Bighorn or Laramie trim.

Sport is the appearance package Ram offers.

There is no "Sport vs. Laramie". You can get a Laramie with OR without the Sport Appearance package, which as others noted is mainly an appearance package.

OP's location is in Canada. Canada *does* have a Sport as an independent trim level.

I only know this from shopping used trucks and noticing it on some window stickers then looking in to it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OP's location is in Canada. Canada *does* have a Sport as an independent trim level.

I only know this from shopping used trucks and noticing it on some window stickers then looking in to it.
You can thank Western Canadian dealers for that,they're also the reason Canada had a new body style Sport package before you guys south of the border did. When the Alberta dealers yell,Chrysler/FCA/Stellentis seems to listen,and have ever since the late 60's. We could get hi-po cars in the 70's that even Norm Kraus/Mr Norms couldn't get

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

anything else?

I'm not 100% sure why it's $8K more base price.
But with Laramie you can add way more options, that sport doesn't have.
6 seats, G/T , towing options, Laramie 18/20/22inch (sport 20/22inch) , Off-Road Group, Sun Roof etc.. You can look at web site or dealer for all differences.

You can get rear heated seats with Sport, it's an option. It will just cost you $5k

As @Wild one mentioned above, Sport is a Trim in Canada, very popular in my area.

If I recall correctly, I was reading on this site or somewhere else. When they come out with Rebel. The Rebel name was used in the US, but in Canada they called it Sport. But were basically the same. Rebel Sport or Sport Rebel was Canadian name.
Then they were going drop the Sport, but sales were high. So they just made Sport with-out all Off-Road options, then added the US version of Rebel in Canada. Add some of Rebel options to Sport. On the Canada Ram site. They list the options for Sport, as Rebel options.
I could be wrong.

andymax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OOPS! You're right I did not catch the Canada part. Sorry if my answer was misleading to anyone, especially the OP!