4,000 miles. Lead me astray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I bought Amsoil severe gear 75W-90 but haven't gotten around to changing it yet, I'm at 7K miles. For motor oil I have 3 more free oil changes but had already ordered some Redline 5W40 aka Hemi honey that will be going in after I use up the dealer oil.

I don't think ceramic protects much from branch scratches...PPF will give you much more protection in that regard.

If your wanting 37s I would go straight to them and skip the 35s. I run 37s (KM3s which run a little small) with the 8 speed and stock gearing and have no complaints but I don't tow anything. I have driven jeeps where re-gear was mandatory after going with bigger tires but don't feel that way with my setup. Given that I do plan to re-gear sometime in the future to get some acceleration back and for larger tires. I'm loving my Katla's...the offset is perfect for my setup where the tire barely kisses the sway bar while keeping the 13" wide tires mostly tucked in.

why the 5w40?

B Mitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
6.4L
North Pole. I need to learn some trails down that way so give me a shout if you make back up here!

Santa.... is that you!? Traded in your sleigh for a POWER WAGON!?

At least we know everyone is getting their gifts delivered this year even in bad weather!

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I'm in a warm climate so don't really need the low temperature performance of a 0W and read that the 5W-40 had higher moly content which was good for hemi tick mitigation.

how would 5w-40 work in SC?

it's getting in the high 20's tonight here...

plus I travel.

OP
OP
rgrbobbyedwards

rgrbobbyedwards

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
I'm in a warm climate so don't really need the low temperature performance of a 0W and read that the 5W-40 had higher moly content which was good for hemi tick mitigation.

or should I ask it differently, is there any disadvantages to running 5w-40?

donivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
how would 5w-40 work in SC?

it's getting in the high 20's tonight here...

plus I travel.
Not sure, there are tables out there that compare the different oils. Looks like you have a new truck so I would go with the recommended oil in the manual. I have 3 more oil changes at the dealer before I go with the redline 5w-40.