4 wheel abs brakes on 1995 dodge ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richard c bieber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 LITER
Hi all.
I have been dealing with my 1995 1500 4 x4 with 4 wheel abs pulling to the right when i step on the brakes . This has been going on for years and i have tried multiple time to have it fixed with out much luck at least for long times. It seems when i put new rotors on and pads plus calipers it runs great for a couple hundred miles then develops again the pull to the right. I have replaced every past in the suspension plus bushings to not help at all. The front right abs sensor went bad so i replaced it the same time as a new set of rotors plus pads were put on. It seemed to work fine again like i said for a bout 500 miles now it is back to the same pulling to the right. Nobody can figure it out and being it is obd 1 finding a scanner to check the abs module is very hard is impossible to find a shop who can check this. I even called some dealers and they say that some are not diagnosing anything back before 2008. So any ideas how to check abs with out a good scanner. any questions please ask.
Thanks rick

fireflymedic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
If you get on a dirt rd. Or paved if your brave And slam on the brakes (hopefully at a speed that the rear tire skid does not meat the front) are all the skid marks equal?

It is possible for rubber lines to collapse on the inside and block flow. I would try putting on new brake lines just the rubber hose part if the skid marks are different or not if they are not too expensive.

OP
OP
R

richard c bieber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 LITER
I have tried it on pavement but have not check the skid mark. The steering wheel gets ripped out of my hands if i really hit the brakes to the floor. It is at a shop right now and i believe they are saying there is not enough pressure to the left front caliper. I always have a friend who is a mechanic especially works on Chrysler and dodge (mechanic for 20 years) and he can even figure it out . very limited ability to scan the abs system. I take it to him for everything but he again is slammed with business. I was hoping this place had a scanner but they are not saying anything yet but have not charged me a dime yet.

I have replaced everything on the front end including the brake line on the front and the back. Got that covered.

Last edited:

a car nut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what you describe, I think the shop where it currently is at is correct. When I worked at German car dealerships, we used to have pressure gauges to pressure at each wheel. It does sound like the abs unit has a problem, but it could also be the control unit for the abs. Some scan tools like several of the Snap On units can check the ABS unit and a scope unit can help as well. Good luck. g