4th Gen Auxiliary Switch HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdwillet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anyone on here know how I can test my auxiliary switch panel? I think I got a bad panel as my tow haul and traction control buttons light up and work properly but my 5 aux buttons do not light up or work. I would like to try to test it before going through the long process of trying to return an electronic (which most company's won't do) Any help is appreciated!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Do you have a 2013?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone on here know how I can test my auxiliary switch panel? I think I got a bad panel as my tow haul and traction control buttons light up and work properly but my 5 aux buttons do not light up or work. I would like to try to test it before going through the long process of trying to return an electronic (which most company's won't do) Any help is appreciated!!

If you have AlfaOBD, there is a setting in the BCM called Lin & Misc: ASBM Present (auxiliary switch bank module), so the first thing I would be checking is to make sure that setting is YES. I don’t think I’ve seen an instance of this setting not automatically being set as YES on a 4th gen, as everyone that plugs the aux switches in, they always automatically work, but you never know.

OP
OP
G

gdwillet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you have AlfaOBD, there is a setting in the BCM called Lin & Misc: ASBM Present (auxiliary switch bank module), so the first thing I would be checking is to make sure that setting is YES. I don’t think I’ve seen an instance of this setting not automatically being set as YES on a 4th gen, as everyone that plugs the aux switches in, they always automatically work, but you never know.
Jimmy07
Ido have AlfaOBD and will go out and check those settings.

OP
OP
G

gdwillet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
UPDATE , I have replaced the Aux panel with a new one and it does the same as the other. My tow/haul and traction control work as they should. I can not get the 5 Aux buttons to work. They "light up" when you turn on your head lights/dash lights, but the light on the button itself does not turn on and complete the ground to the relay/fuse box. (Side note) I do have a after market kit for the Aux panel as seen in the picture. Any suggestions?? 7f903666c3da0474ab97577a5c332d5e.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

UPDATE , I have replaced the Aux panel with a new one and it does the same as the other. My tow/haul and traction control work as they should. I can not get the 5 Aux buttons to work. They "light up" when you turn on your head lights/dash lights, but the light on the button itself does not turn on and complete the ground to the relay/fuse box. (Side note) I do have a after market kit for the Aux panel as seen in the picture. Any suggestions?? 7f903666c3da0474ab97577a5c332d5e.jpg

Have you checked that setting?

OP
OP
G

gdwillet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have you checked that setting?
Yes I checked that setting and it is on, the guy I bought the relay box off of said he did some research and found out you have to have 12v constant going to pins 1 and 9 on the 2014 panel, but not the 2015+ panel. I've already exchanged the panel once so I doubt the dealership will let me do it again. So tomorrow I will try to put power to 1&9 and see if it works.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes I checked that setting and it is on, the guy I bought the relay box off of said he did some research and found out you have to have 12v constant going to pins 1 and 9 on the 2014 panel, but not the 2015+ panel. I've already exchanged the panel once so I doubt the dealership will let me do it again. So tomorrow I will try to put power to 1&9 and see if it works.

Ah, yes. I didn’t even pay attention to the truck year- YWdmuqF.jpg

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I seen a couple of guys with 2013’s that never could get this kit to work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewybrewing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am one of those 2013 guys. 4th Gen does not stand by their product at all. Mine is in the trash box currently.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am one of those 2013 guys. 4th Gen does not stand by their product at all. Mine is in the trash box currently.

It looks like adding the power leads to pin 1 and 9 might fix your issue?

Granted, you'll have to tap them off of somewhere else because it doesnt look like they come in with the stock wiring.

Lewybrewing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like adding the power leads to pin 1 and 9 might fix your issue?

Granted, you'll have to tap them off of somewhere else because it doesnt look like they come in with the stock wiring.

I moved on and ordered a cheap ebay fake SPOD lighting controller. It works awesome for 100 bucks. My biggest issue with 4th Gen is the horrible support. Completely lied to me and then stopped responding.

OP
OP
G

gdwillet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Update.....
I powered pin 1 and 9 and got everything to work correctly! Glad it's done and I am now able to hook up my accessories.6bc338468090ec37512674430d33d53b.jpg

Special K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I’m looking to build my own harness for the aux switch on a 2014 tradesman. Any advice?

jhiggins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
@gdwillet thanks for posting your resolution. I have the same model/year truck and was about to write an email to the company I bought my switch panel from because it didn't work just like yours. I'm glad I found this thread. Did you just connect both pin 1 and 9 straight to the battery (through a fuse of course)? I thought one of these wires was switched with the ignition but I could certainly be wrong about that.