4th gen dual exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone around Dallas have a dual exhaust sitting around they don't want. I have the single now but found a dual exhaust bumper I could buy. Now I'm trying to figure out exhaust options. Not sure if I'm ready for a $700 magnaflow yet.

Thanks

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you cant find a factory setup, it would be pretty simple to have a shop weld in a single in/dual out muffler, and just fab up the piping back to the bumper cutouts. And finding a set of factory clamp on tips shouldnt be too hard either unless you wanted to go with something bigger.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
chaney is selling his tips, and $700 for magnafow exhaust? i got mine done for $260

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
chaney is selling his tips, and $700 for magnafow exhaust? i got mine done for $260

The full catback systems are around $700. It includes all piping and clamps to replace the full exhaust from your y-pipe back...also includes 5" tips which are going to cost more than $200 alone.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yeah, i'd tell magnaflow to suck it and go all custom. i had them do my custom tubing, and i'm thinking about changing it to the srt style, 2 on 1 side. and i'll only be out maybe $50.

if texasez wants to know the name of my shop, i'll pm him, it's up north, in he dfw area

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Mandrel bent stainless and the tips adds up... Try buying motorcycle exhaust sometime. I paid 1200 bucks for my last one...

If you get a chance, check out SOLO-Performance exhaust too.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I was in Texas I had a SIDO Flowmaster 40 put on, resonators taken off, and pipes and tips out the back for $150 on my '07.

OP
OP
T

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know there are small gains going with a full cat back exhaust but if I swap my muffler with a single in dual out then do custom pipes out will I get any gains? I can order the muffler and tips for 500 from mopar but for 200 more might as well do a full cat back or I can just buy a muffler and do custom pipes. I saw on Moes that the factory tubes are 409 stainless steel so I didn't know if id be stepping down a little with a custom exhaust. Also Im trying to stay away from getting a programmer and didnt want to make changes to the exhaust that make it sound like crap when the engine drops to eco mode. Any thoughts.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I know there are small gains going with a full cat back exhaust but if I swap my muffler with a single in dual out then do custom pipes out will I get any gains? I can order the muffler and tips for 500 from mopar but for 200 more might as well do a full cat back or I can just buy a muffler and do custom pipes. I saw on Moes that the factory tubes are 409 stainless steel so I didn't know if id be stepping down a little with a custom exhaust. Also Im trying to stay away from getting a programmer and didnt want to make changes to the exhaust that make it sound like crap when the engine drops to eco mode. Any thoughts.

Many shops don't offer stainless tube so they'll bend aluminized steel which is cheap and won't last anywhere near as long.

You get what you pay for here... Customer service goes a LONG way IMO, and I'm sure MOE's offers exceptional and I know SOLO does as well.

SOLO offers a guaranteed NO DRONE system. I like that.

Cat backs will offer you some gains, but IMO it's more for sound unless you do a CAI and tune to take advantage of the free flowing intake and exhaust. Engines are nothing but an air pump.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The solo does sound good. Pretty expensive at 720. Probably better to wait until I can get that or a magnaflow. In the meantime I was hoping maybe someone that already upgraded theirs had their old one in the garage. I don't guess most guys are upgrading them.

OP
OP
T

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
yeah, i'd tell magnaflow to suck it and go all custom. i had them do my custom tubing, and i'm thinking about changing it to the srt style, 2 on 1 side. and i'll only be out maybe $50.

if texasez wants to know the name of my shop, i'll pm him, it's up north, in he dfw area

I thought about this too. I'd probably want to do the muffler at that time and just that puts me at 300. Then when they bend some pipes and put tips on I'm probably climbing up towards a full stainless anyway.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless you put on high flow cats and y-pipe plus a CAI and maybe a tune, I don't think you'll see much of a gain from just a muffler, of any kind. If you're just looking for sound and looks for the bumper until you want to drop the money on the rest, find you a deal like I did. Also, unless you just want the looks of the factory dual bumper, having turndowns and dumped under the truck will make louder. Or seem louder at least.

OP
OP
T

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wouldn't mind some rumble but I'm not a big fan of the dump outs. Makes it too loud inside the cab for me. I saw the magnaflow etc adds about 15-20hp. Is that probably after a CAI headers... If I won't see much gain without a chip there's probably not much reason to spend 700 on one.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems like a steep claim to me. That's the same numbers you get from a tuner, at least on a 3rd gen.

OP
OP
T

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for the info. I need to check into it. If I don't do headers is there a big enough gain to justify the SI/SO setup?

OP
OP
T

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Only place I could find near me was $346 + tax. That was for a flow master muffler then exhaust out. They said they wouldn't do a magnaflow. They said they break after a year. Hadn't heard that before. I know a lot of people live flow master but the last one I had on a ford sounded like crap. Sounded raspy to me. Anyone have thoughts about them on the Rams. Wondering about the MDS with those too.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Flow masters rust out. I had one on my last truck. And it was poop, started to rust out after maybe 8 months. But I bought it used so it was about a year old.

The place I told you about did mine, 18 inch magnaflow muffler, custom tubing, and bring your own tips for $262, and it looks great, sounds great. But it's a little too far for you.

And I talked to the owner, he said new tips from magnaflow are $60 more.

OP
OP
T

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
320 wouldn't be bad. It'd be an hour and a half drive though. Ill have to keep looking. I liked my magnaflow on my 7.3. It sounded awesome.

OP
OP
T

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone have a review of the mbrp that's for sale on the forum?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If your still interested in a dual exhaust, I do have a stock dual stainless setup that I removed from my 2012 Ram CC. There are no problems with it and it is completely ready to bolt on. It has all of the factory hangers and clamps which can be re used. The only reason that I removed it was because I bought a dual Corsa Catback exhaust. If your interested contact me and maybe we can work out a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.