4th Gen Remote start for under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Valth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive had 0 problems with it! its great

i dont see how there could be any messing with warranty, it doesnt change codes or anything and theres no way this little thing will cause anything else to fail i believe.

its a really handy mod for 90 bucks! it makes me hate days that are -25 alot less haha

oh ok, that answers my question...imma have to snag one of these soon. also as far as uninstalling it you can just unplug and go right?

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
oh ok, that answers my question...imma have to snag one of these soon. also as far as uninstalling it you can just unplug and go right?

yessir! no cutting no splicing no nothing, just unplug it, and plug it back in like factory

mxblaster83

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Got it today, installed 5 mins, works like charm, had them bump up running time to 30 mins instead of 15, Canada gets cold lol

now i just need to figure out how to install something to disable it
when im working on my truck. any ideas???

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Got it today, installed 5 mins, works like charm, had them bump up running time to 30 mins instead of 15, Canada gets cold lol

now i just need to figure out how to install something to disable it
when im working on my truck. any ideas???

How do you change the run time or do you have to have the dealer do it?

$miley

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you bought the programming kit thing to plug it to your computer, you could change it yourself. if not when you buy it you can tell the person to program it to what ever time you want

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mine is factory but I was thinking the process to change runtime might be the same.

$miley

OP
OP
4x4Hemi

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hmm dealer might be able to change it... but they set it at 12 minutes to fit within the environmental regulations i believe

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
12 minutes might get the heat started maybe haha

$miley

chris15005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So im really interested in this. I read through alot of the pages, but I was curious if anyone has any issues with it? I read about the clock but I think that was all I remember. Will it mess with any of the codes already in the truck, will it mess with your warranty? Itll be nice to have the truck warmed up in the winter before work early in the morning and leave the a/c on when it get hot as hell when I needa take the kiddos somewhere...

0 problems here also and i have it on 2 different vehicles.

chris15005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a TPMS light when switching over to the key? That's the only thing I've noticed so far. When I put the key in, turn it on and step on the brake, the TPMS lights up and displays "tire pressure" in the display for a second. Then it disappears. Doesn't come back on till I remote start it again, then the cycle repeats itself..

Just the red led for the alarm system turn on in mine i gather it is verifying the key fob.

Beefy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does anyone have a TPMS light when switching over to the key? That's the only thing I've noticed so far. When I put the key in, turn it on and step on the brake, the TPMS lights up and displays "tire pressure" in the display for a second. Then it disappears. Doesn't come back on till I remote start it again, then the cycle repeats itself..

Just saw this.

When I put my key in and turn it to the "On" position, my low tire pressure light and red security light come on for about 3 seconds, then they turn off.

It really doesn't bother me because it goes away. So, you're the not the only one. :)

Hemi305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going to install a Clifford G5 with inteliguard 770 on my 2012.. Has anyone installed this remote start kit with a Clifford? Does anyone know if it will set off my alarm.?

10trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So is there a hood switch or an on/off toggle switch to disable the remote start? If it doesnt come with one, how would I go about adding one. I only ask because it wouldn't be good to be working on the truck and have it randomly start up on you for some reason.

YankeeBastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just received mine from Doug43235 on eBay. Easy guy to deal with, but I'm at a loss on how to install it on my 2006 Ram. All the installs I've been able to find on the web are 4th gen. The key module is located on the column on the 3rd gens... HALP!!

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So is there a hood switch or an on/off toggle switch to disable the remote start? If it doesnt come with one, how would I go about adding one. I only ask because it wouldn't be good to be working on the truck and have it randomly start up on you for some reason.

It doesn't come with one, but it comes with a diagram and a bunch of plugin connectors. One of them is for adding the hood switch and/or toggle switch.
Here's a page with the diagram:

chrysler-rsr_en_ig_pga20120307_Page_04_zpsb1b1d685.jpg