4WD doesn't seem like its engaged all the way.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The last couple of times I have had to plow or use 4WD it doesn't seem like its as good as it used to be. I had my son driving it for a minute and the rear wheels were spinning but the front weren't, at least on the drivers side.

I have the 5.7L Hemi 2500 SLT with the 4WD Shifter on the floor.

Is there something that could cause such a thing?

How can I be sure if all wheels are locked in or not?

Thank you in advance.

Steve

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look up under the truck. The floor shifter uses a bar to connect to transfer case. These are notorious for becoming loose.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look up under the truck. The floor shifter uses a bar to connect to transfer case. These are notorious for becoming loose.

Thank you, I will take a look. Should there be any play in the linkage or pretty stiff and tight?

Steve

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you, I will take a look. Should there be any play in the linkage or pretty stiff and tight?

Steve
There are bushings that wear out and it has a piece that slides to adjust. That piece can come loose.
I took mine off and replaced it with a turnbuckle with eyebolts. Have not had a problem with it in years.