4x4 shift solenoid sticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I’ve searched the forum with no avail. When I am switching into 4x4 the light blinks for about ten seconds and I can hear the solenoid trying to engage, it does eventually but I am wondering if there is a way to lubricate it because it’s never taken this long to engage before, it would only blink twice and engage but now it takes a while. Tia for all’s help.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ve searched the forum with no avail. When I am switching into 4x4 the light blinks for about ten seconds and I can hear the solenoid trying to engage, it does eventually but I am wondering if there is a way to lubricate it because it’s never taken this long to engage before, it would only blink twice and engage but now it takes a while. Tia for all’s help.
Every time I have experienced this issue I have ended up having to replace the shift motor.

No matter what I have done to get them to work they end up failing.

OP
OP
SYKRAMMAN

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Every time I have experienced this issue I have ended up having to replace the shift motor.

No matter what I have done to get them to work they end up failing.
I took it of and cleaned it up, 4x4 works now so I’ll order the part and wait for it to go.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I took it of and cleaned it up, 4x4 works now so I’ll order the part and wait for it to go.
That is exactly what I have done. Removed the shift motor, cleaned it up and lubricated the shaft and reinstalled and waited for it to act up again but have a new one on standby. Once the shift motor starts the clicking and ticking and delaying the transfer case shift it always happens again. Glad you were able to get it working.