4x4 skid plate installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon Scheer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque
Hey all, new to the forum and new to owning my own truck. I bought a used '20 4x4 bighorn and it didn't come with the off road package/skid plates. I've been looking at other forums for DIY installation and purchasing of parts and from what I can find, even though 4 are listed on the parts list, people have only been able to find 3 on their trucks (that come from the factory with them) and only 1 kit online comes with all the mounting brackets and bolts. I was wondering if anyone has purchased and installed the skid plates on their truck.

Pjmfelton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone advise what mounting hardware is needed to install fuel tank skid plate on 2019 1500 26 gallon

brian42

Military
Reaction score
...even though 4 are listed on the parts list, people have only been able to find 3 on their trucks (that come from the factory with them)...
There are only 3 plates.

The ORG lists four (fuel tank, transfer case, front suspension, and steering gear) but there are really only 3. The front suspension and steering gear are the same plate.

I went round and round with the dealership when I bought my truck because I had 3 plates and 4 were listed. After numerous phone calls I learned "the truth" that my truck was not missing any skid plates...

Skid Plate.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963