5.7 Hemi Power Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakota DOnofrio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I was dead set on purchasing the 2.9L whipple supercharger for my 2017 ram 1500. Called up whipple and it turns out they are out of stock on the 2.9 and are coming out with the new 3.0L. It is still about 3-5 months out until they hit the market so I wanted some advice on upgrades in the power department. I had a stroker kit in mind that way I can get a nice power boost as well as forged internals ready for boost once the 3.0L whipple comes out. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Josh22855

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I was dead set on purchasing the 2.9L whipple supercharger for my 2017 ram 1500. Called up whipple and it turns out they are out of stock on the 2.9 and are coming out with the new 3.0L. It is still about 3-5 months out until they hit the market so I wanted some advice on upgrades in the power department. I had a stroker kit in mind that way I can get a nice power boost as well as forged internals ready for boost once the 3.0L whipple comes out. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Check out CNC motorsports website. If you are going to throw boost at it I definitely recommend going with forged internals. Keep in mind compression ratio as well.

OP
OP
D

Dakota DOnofrio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes compression ratio has slipped my mind a little, thanks!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
If you do decide to get a Whipple, I would HIGHLY advise you get a SmoothBoost electronic boost controller with it. To say the difference in drivability with it installed is night and day, is an understatement. :)

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
If you do decide to get a Whipple, I would HIGHLY advise you get a SmoothBoost electronic boost controller with it. To say the difference in drivability with it installed is night and day, is an understatement. :)

Did you finally get around to installing it? Did you get it tuned again after?

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Did you finally get around to installing it? Did you get it tuned again after?

Yes, got it all installed and sent in a handful of data logs to Jay. It's not a cheap piece, but it makes all the difference in the world in terms of drivability. :)