6.4 Hemi Throttle Body Porting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
So I want to try doing my own throttle body porting. I run a machine shop and we have CNC so I have that covered. Can anyone tell me what works well when porting the TBs on our trucks? Just a straight over bore or a tapered bore, or maybe an hourglass to create a Venturi nozzle?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Following you.
Straight over bore.
If it works out maybe I’ll send you mine and the intake too. Port both for some serious airflow... I’m gonna try getting a hotter spark more energy.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last time I ported anything it was with a hand dremel. On the plus side moes performance sells ported thottle body’s for our trucks.

OP
OP
SixFOURhemiHD

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
Anyone have a throttle body that is broken they’d send me to try it out? I’d like to test machining it before I do mine. I have some other ways to do this but this is the easiest.

What material is the throttle body made of? Aluminum? Is it cast or billet? There’s a thought, maybe I could design a billet throttle body that uses the OEM electronics and sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Last time I ported anything it was with a hand dremel. On the plus side moes performance sells ported thottle body’s for our trucks.

No one makes a ported throttle body for the 6.4L

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What’s the stock diameter of our throttle body??
I’m liking the modern muscle site.
Thank you for the link.

Looks like 80mm; Modern Muscle has some great stuff (not that our Nick and Matt don't, of course)!

BTW, I just found this guy; he offers overbored and modded stock TBs and can even do yours if you can afford the downtime! I may just go this route!

https://www.thefastman.com/throttlebodiesHemi.php

TXCOMT

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a ported TB from Moe's (which is made by MMX) and not knocking it but just make sure you keep things in perspective. Probably worth a few HP at certain RPM ranges but in a 7000+ lb otherwise stock truck your gains will be very minimal if any. If you want to spend good money somewhere this is not the place to start.

Obviously if you're able to port it yourself then that's another story. If memory serves me correctly it's just tapered to the stock 87mm blade on the inlet side.