6.4 squeal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oz97tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I just brought home a 2015 Power Wagon. I've literally only put maybe 100 miles on it so far but it was the managers so the truck has almost 2000 total .

I was driving with the windows down and noticed what sounded like a brief squeal noise here and there. It seems to let out a brief squeal and a tiny shudder every time the truck goes from eco mode to V8 mode.

Is this normal? It's very noticeable around town at slower speeds and draws attention to the whole thing so the shudder seems worse than it is. Already, I'm annoyed by it and have been putting it in tow/haul mode around town. I emailed my salesman, and they said they thought it was normal. I did some googling and I've seen the issues of the fan but I'm not hearing the fan noise nor does it last long. It's very brief and every time it coincides with the eco mode shutting off.

Any ideas?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Mine does it also. I haven't had a chance to take it in to have it looked at yet. I was going to test a few other 6.4L's out to see if they do the same.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

spiG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Just picked up mine but haven't heard a squeal just the shutter which is normal with the MDS switching

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Mine isn't loud, mainly until it warms up

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O

oz97tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've also noticed it at first start up like mentioned.

The shudder i can deal with but the sound is rather annoying. It's not that loud but it seems they wouldn't have covered that up in the design process. A squeal is never a flattering noise, especially in a $600 vehicle.