6" lift install advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm going to install a 6" Superlift on my 2015 1500 Big Horn, possibly this weekend or next. If anyone that has installed a 6in lift themselves has any advice, tips, suggestions, please let me know. I rented the strut compressors and axle nut sockets from O'Reilly's and have all the basic tools. Just trying to get ahead of any issues beforehand. Thanks

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apologize to your neighbors for all the future cursing, tool throwing, hammering and grinding that will commence....or was that just me?

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haaa, I think I already owe them a few apologies for similar behavior.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

silvergoat14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will probably have to go buy a short wrench for the back shock, i cant remember what size.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get the kit with Bilsteins? If you didn't, you shouldn't need to the spring compressor. I wish I had some good advice or some other tips but i found a shop to instal mine at a price that was too good the pass up.

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't get the bilstein kit, but I did buy them separately. The 6" requires the compressors either way because of the preload spacer.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
As long as you have all the right tools it's fairly straight forward. I would just take a good read through the install instructions a couple times to make sure you're familiar with everything but other than that it's just following them step by step.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't get the bilstein kit, but I did buy them separately. The 6" requires the compressors either way because of the preload spacer.

Indeed, forgot about that spacer! My bad. However, if using the Bils you won't be installing that preload but you'll still have to disassemble the stock strut.............gonna need that compressor either way!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just got my tires mounted on my new wheels. Getting pretty pumped to do this now! Wish me luck. Hopefully all will go well and i'll get a few pics.

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My kit came with shock wrench for the rear shocks. Was about 3" long and catches on the frame as your turn the bolt.

If I still have it I can lend it to you if need be.

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My kit came with shock wrench for the rear shocks. Was about 3" long and catches on the frame as your turn the bolt.

If I still have it I can lend it to you if need be.

I appreciate the offer but I think I have some old harbor freight wrenches that I can take an angle grinder to and make one. I'm going to crawl under there tonight to see if i can figure out what yall are talking about. :superhack:

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Apologize to your neighbors for all the future cursing, tool throwing, hammering and grinding that will commence....or was that just me?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! I couldn't agree more!!

As long as you have all the right tools it's fairly straight forward. I would just take a good read through the install instructions a couple times to make sure you're familiar with everything but other than that it's just following them step by step.

On a serious note, exactly what Brandon said. If you have the right mindset, tools and time, you will be just fine. I read through my instructions step by step a few times myself and then went over them step by step with my buddy who helped with the install before removing a single bolt.

Adam

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Things are looking good now. I secured a shop with a lift and air tools in exchange for some Busch beer.

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I spent about 20Hrs under my truck this weekend and got the lift installed. Bad part is that I either crushed my phone by rolling around on it while on the creeper or installing the tires. Needless to say no pics yet. There were a few hiccups but all in all it wasn't that bad. I need to haul some stuff with my trailer later this week and was wondering what size drop hitch most are using with a 6" / 5" lift and 35's?

OP
OP
SOKY_RAM

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got a new phone. And here is the final product (well... sort of final)

picture.php

picture.php

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I spent about 20Hrs under my truck this weekend and got the lift installed. Bad part is that I either crushed my phone by rolling around on it while on the creeper or installing the tires. Needless to say no pics yet. There were a few hiccups but all in all it wasn't that bad. I need to haul some stuff with my trailer later this week and was wondering what size drop hitch most are using with a 6" / 5" lift and 35's?

Just bought a 10" drop weight-safe and the trailer is just barely nose high until loaded

And I'm only running a 4" lift and 35's