7 Inch Premium EVIC Defaults to Trans Temp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just picked up and installed a 7 inch Premium EVIC cluster from a 2015 Big Horn. I’ve since programmed the correct mileage with ALFAOBD successfully. Now I’ve run into a dilemma...

Each time I start the truck it boots up and loads into the “Trans Temp” screen . Each time I drive the truck I have to manually change the info screen to mileage, or Fuel Economy.

Is there a fix for this, or a setting that I’m missing? I’ve tried researching it and I was unsuccessful.

Thank you all in advance and sorry for the silly question.

Last edited:

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Just picked up and installed a 7 inch Premium EVIC cluster from a 2015 Big Horn. I’ve since programmed the correct mileage with ALFAOBD successfully. Now I’ve run into a dilemma...

Each time I start the truck it boots up and loads into the “Trans Temp” screen . Each time I drive the truck I have to manually change the info screen to mileage, or Fuel Economy.

Is there a fix for this, or a setting that I’m missing? I’ve tried researching it and I was unsuccessful.

Thank you all in advance and sorry for the silly question.

I really don’t know about this. Usually my 2013 just stays on whatever i last left it on. I also have the 7’ prem cluster.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

OP
OP
17RedSled

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I really don’t know about this. Usually my 2013 just stays on whatever i last left it on. I also have the 7’ prem cluster.

I had a feeling it was strange. I wonder if there is some way of resetting it, may be a glitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I had a feeling it was strange. I wonder if there is some way of resetting it, may be a glitch?

Go to settings in the EVIC and find the option to reset it would be my best guess. Then disconnect the battery for 5 mins and see what happens.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated by @TheEnder your best bet is to do a reset and then disconnect the battery for 15 or 20 min. I have seen this happen in the past and actually had it happen to my factory 3.5" before I upgraded to the 7". I have never seen anyone post back about being able to get it figured out. Another thing that is strange is for whatever reason they seem to act up more after they've had the mileage adjusted. I understand your frustration. You pay to buy a premium cluster and it doesn't stay on the screen you've selected. Wouldn't be so bad if it was defaulting to a better screen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
17RedSled

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As stated by @TheEnder your best bet is to do a reset and then disconnect the battery for 15 or 20 min. I have seen this happen in the past and actually had it happen to my factory 3.5" before I upgraded to the 7". I have never seen anyone post back about being able to get it figured out. Another thing that is strange is for whatever reason they seem to act up more after they've had the mileage adjusted. I understand your frustration. You pay to buy a premium cluster and it doesn't stay on the screen you've selected. Wouldn't be so bad if it was defaulting to a better screen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you both for the replies (@TheEnder), I’m in for the night but I’ll give that a try first thing in the morning.

It is beyond frustrating, since owning a ram for 3 years this mod has been the most highly anticipated. I’m sure it can/will be fixed with this solution. Just so silly how finicky the electronics can be.

I’ll check back in with my results tomorrow. Cheers

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This happens to mine once in a while. My go-to screen is jtire pressure. Last time my wife drove it, it defaulted to speedometer screen. I changed it Everytime I got in for few days and it stayed. Weird I know

RVGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This happens to mine once in a while. My go-to screen is jtire pressure. Last time my wife drove it, it defaulted to speedometer screen. I changed it Everytime I got in for few days and it stayed. Weird I know
Every once in awhile mine will start on the speedometer screen, I usually have it on the gauge summary screen. It's weird, coincidentally I have the honk when locking the doors turned off in my settings but once in awhile it will honk anyways, this is usually when the screen will suddenly be on speedometer when I next start it.
I figure they're related, but it's a second of my time to just switch the screens back so I never looking into it.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Every once in awhile mine will start on the speedometer screen, I usually have it on the gauge summary screen. It's weird, coincidentally I have the honk when locking the doors turned off in my settings but once in awhile it will honk anyways, this is usually when the screen will suddenly be on speedometer when I next start it.
I figure they're related, but it's a second of my time to just switch the screens back so I never looking into it.

Seems like a very very very minor electrical issue to me.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thank you both for the replies (@TheEnder), I’m in for the night but I’ll give that a try first thing in the morning.

It is beyond frustrating, since owning a ram for 3 years this mod has been the most highly anticipated. I’m sure it can/will be fixed with this solution. Just so silly how finicky the electronics can be.

I’ll check back in with my results tomorrow. Cheers

Hope it works out for you!

OP
OP
17RedSled

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hope it works out for you!

Well, it did not work... hopefully some kind of solution comes up.

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I had a similar issue with the 7" EVIC I put in my 2015 RAM 1500. When I'd start the truck, it would always seem to change to the option down from where I was. I always kept it at Speedo and it would move down to the vehicle info screen (tire pressure in my case). Never did figure it out.

OP
OP
17RedSled

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The issue has fixed itself after a few drive cycles of a battery disconnect. thank you to all who helped.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
The issue has fixed itself after a few drive cycles of a battery disconnect. thank you to all who helped.

I’m happy it worked, but i just realized after a while that my cluster doesn’t show what most 7 inch ones do. Happy to help!

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I have the same issue. Mine hasn't fixed itself. How do I "reset" the cluster?

stagetwo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does that too, when I start truck every morning, it’s (most of the time)on the tire pressure screen.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Mine does that too, when I start truck every morning, it’s (most of the time)on the tire pressure screen.

Is your tire pressure low?

stagetwo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, all four tires are at 40 psi, I think that’s what they’re supposed to be.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
No, all four tires are at 40 psi, I think that’s what they’re supposed to be.

Yup, 40 is what it’s supposed to be at. That’s strange. My 2013 always defaults to what it was last left on, but 2013 was a pretty strange year for RAM electronics.

Sent from my Blue Onyx RAM 1500

OP
OP
17RedSled

17RedSled

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins

So I’m reviving this thread because the issue has not gone away. Initially it was the trans temp screen but now it defaults to the Tire Pressure screen... and nope all my tire pressures are at 40 every single day.