8.4 UAS Apple CarPlay incoming texts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used to receive incoming texts to the radio and would hear when they came in. With sw update 22.6, the radio displays a banner at the bottom when receiving an incoming text, but I don't hear anything unless i notice it and press the banner... but I don't watch the radio while I'm driving, you can see the problem here.

Is there a way to turn that back on so the radio audibly lets me know I am receiving an incoming text like it did before?

OP
OP
Wolfpup

Wolfpup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is your phone on silent mode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
at times it is, but not always. sometimes I have it on silent at work, and take it off after or on weekends, for example. It never mattered before switching to the UAS though.

this is only affecting it when plugged in, and on carplay. so far that's what I've noticed.

OtterOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When my phone is in vibrate mode, it will not make any sounds on my CarPlay screen. You could also check settings in CarPlay to see if anything changed/updated.

EDIT: I have noticed that when my Apple Watch is on, sometimes it beeps and makes no sound on CarPlay, other times it makes a sound on CarPlay and no beep on the watch (hopefully that makes sense).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I believe that is by design. When CarPlay (or Android Auto) is on it takes over notification from UConnect.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk