8.4" Uconnect VP4- No Functional Knobs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElectronicAutist

Reaction score
You guys have been helpful in the past with the 5.0" units so I figured I'd ask here. I have a complete 8.4" with bezel here out of a Ram, pn 68238619AG. It powers up on the bench using one of those CAN modules that are sold on eBay and the radio PIN/Code is accepted. The touch screen works fine and I can go through all the menus.
The knobs are unresponsive. Is it because the lower half isn't plugged into a truck and I'm physically only powering on the screen ?

Thanks
Ea

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You guys have been helpful in the past with the 5.0" units so I figured I'd ask here. I have a complete 8.4" with bezel here out of a Ram, pn 68238619AG. It powers up on the bench using one of those CAN modules that are sold on eBay and the radio PIN/Code is accepted. The touch screen works fine and I can go through all the menus.
The knobs are unresponsive. Is it because the lower half isn't plugged into a truck and I'm physically only powering on the screen ?

Thanks
Ea
Yes