8.4AN radio/ GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Ok all. Called the U Connect today inquiring about renewing my annual subscription. Also wondered about an app for the GPS for those of us towing the larger trailers. Was told they don't make an app for that. For me, that's sad. To pay what we do yearly and not even have the option to purchase an upgrade is very lacking on their part I think. I'm sure there are many of us that pull and would definitely be interested in it. Know that Garmin and others have the RV app available. What are your thoughts? I did suggest to U Connect, that as they have our emails, that they email us all a poll to see how many would be interested. I for one would as I really don't want to have to use a second GPS (Garmin) when towing.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what is this garmin rv app that you are talking about?

hemiguy93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
are you looking for an addition to the GPS or the GPS itself? When I bought my truck they asked if I wanted them to install the GPS on mine for $600 I told them no. Unless your talking about something different they should have GPS for it.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
are you looking for an addition to the GPS or the GPS itself? When I bought my truck they asked if I wanted them to install the GPS on mine for $600 I told them no. Unless your talking about something different they should have GPS for it.

I believe he's referring to an upgrade to the GPS itself. From what I can gather, the "RV app" they are talking about will route you through easier roads while pulling trailers or driving larger RV's. Basically, so you don't get stuck in a tight spot on a 1-lane street somewhere and you can't make a turn.

OP
OP
K

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
RV GPS app

Yes, was referring to an additional app that our 8.4 AN Radio's could use for towing. As stated, Rand McNally and think even Garman offer one but it's a shame to have an expensive GPS in a truck designed for towing that doesn't support an alternate app. Also, the screen and instrument panel graphics are good and easy to see on the Ram so hate to have to mount and read another screen.