8" midbass in 08 QC doors???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cartersvillealex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone done this? Depth wise I am good and can make an adapter to hold them solidly, but I am worries about the distance from the inner door and the door cards. Has anyone tried this?

OP
OP
C

Cartersvillealex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, it can be done without too much work. Trying to figure out how to post pictures

OP
OP
C

Cartersvillealex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I took an 8" mdf speaker rings, applied 4 coats of trunk liner. I know it will have to be replaced in the future with baltic birch, but I wanted to see if it could be done. The Audison AP8 are shallow anyways so with the added depth of the ring, I didnt have to cut any metal. I mounted the ring using sheet metal screws and duct seal. To make the door card fit over the speaker I used a dremel and sanded away at the plastic until the card fit on and the speaker had plenty of clearance . For most of the area, there is plenty of plastic but in a couple of spots I was worried about breaking through, but luckily it all came together.

These sound so much better than the 6.5s that were previously there . Midbass is in your face. I still need to work on rattles but the sound deadening really made a difference in resonance.

TOTALCHAOS69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool beans! I’m gonna take out the factory CD player and go double din tomorrow. Might have to do this next. I wish my 12” solo baric would fit somewhere beside in the bed! :peace: