$8K Audio install on 2012 Laramie CC (video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is not my truck. I was at this shop in San Diego working on a separate project when we got on the subject of upgrades. The owner showed me this video.
This truck was upgraded with:
3 Amps
2 10'' Subs
4 door speakers
2 dash speakers
2 tweeters
analog to digital processor
STOCK HEAD UNIT!
All the details such as brands and sizes are in the video. Very clean, well hidden install. I'm saving up for something similar.

2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab | Streetnoyz Car Stereo and Customs San Diego, Ca

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Wow in a 2WD besides that is sick.

$miley

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's def. something to be said for great gear and a neat, tidy install.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
On the video it sounded nice and clean....really great install they did.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you tell us how you really feel? haha
What's important to one may be irrelevant to many others, but that doesn't take away from the shine to that individual. As long as he's happy.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thats a pretty sweet install sounds like it will be loud and clear.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I guess you're an audiophile and I'm just an audio-pile.

Whatever floats your boat :Wedgie:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truth be told I'm as much of a basshead as a wannabe audiophile with a PB&J budget. I'm trying to push my sunroof out of its track with my single 12" sub, while I have high end Boston components in kickpanels up front; best of both worlds.
I know it costs more to wire neatly and hide everything so it's tucked away like stock, so this install is very appealing if you're not into over the top fiberglass and walled off rear seats full of subs.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nothing wrong with that its just called SQL and is really fun to try to get into.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. I assume the price included install. I wish I had 1/4 that $ to do-it-myself. That's an interesting place to mount the tweets. Does one really need 300 watts going to a 6.5" mid? Seems a bit overkill unless you want to drive with a headache and earplugs all the time.

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Nice gear. I ran the same KRX3 front stage in my last truck. Those ID subs are very detailed and clean too.
Great choice on amps and DSP also...I bet it sounds great.
With my KRX3's I wound up with the tweeters firing straight at each other on the pillars myself....they're fantastic off axis like that. I had fully built pillars with the mids up there too....made it much easier to tune.

As far as what it cost....if it's in the budget why not splurge? I bet he's happy no matter what it cost. I know I catch hell about the cost of my system...but I spent my money so I don't really care what anyone else thinks...and mine was damn near twice what that install cost. lol

To the point about power. Yes...you really need that power in a full-tilt build. It's called headroom and it's a great thing to have on your side. My system total is 2460 watts....that feeds 1 sub and a 3 way front stage. Your cleanest power happens well before clipping. If you can get the volume you want without pushing the amps to their limits it'll be much cleaner.

This is what I wound up doing with those same drivers.

281596_1896332807706_3447558_n.jpg

And with the covers in place.

281379_1896333447722_59115_n.jpg

The power for that set-up. 300 to each midbass, 75 to each tweeter and midrange and 1000 to a single 12" sub.

284318_1901338692850_4958141_n.jpg

Last edited:

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The thing is 8k for quality equipment installed tuned and just plain done right isn't that bad. Now if someone dropped 8k on a pyramid system that would be a little different and I would have to get them to prove to me that it would sound as clean as that did even for the few seconds you hear it. I myself will have about 3k stuck into my stereo build all said and done with time and materials. I hope it sounds as good as the OPs but its a new way of powering speakers for me so it'll be a lot of trial and error. If I factor time in tuning properly yeah the stereo I build myself will reach into probably 5k range because I constaintly try to figure out what sounds better. Unbroken thats a killer setup and I wish I had those fabrication skills. Keep the builds coming guys everything that is being done has given me great ideas so far.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I like that the owner kept the original head unit but it certainly lacks range and potential with just that head unit at the same time. I spent a ton of money on a complete JL system, except for an Xtant amp (when they were respected in the competition arena) and the Eclipse head unit. I used to drive 60 mph with my windows down and my hair would blow forward. I loved it until I learned that I am deaf in both ears in high tones. It doesn't help that I have been a mobile, club and radio DJ since I was 16, I'm sure. I still love loud music but now I listen to it in other people's vehicles so I don't do it every day. I only wish the video could capture the true sound of this system like it was live. I'm sure it sounds wonderful as it pounds your chest.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Crianor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice. I assume the price included install. I wish I had 1/4 that $ to do-it-myself. That's an interesting place to mount the tweets. Does one really need 300 watts going to a 6.5" mid? Seems a bit overkill unless you want to drive with a headache and earplugs all the time.

I would always rather have too much power than not enough. That why I bought a 5.7 Hemi when I only rarely tow a 3500 lbs trailer. You can do a lot of damage to your speakers trying to drive them with too little power. Besides the watt ratings on speakers and amps are often inaccurate.

I love the system and wish I could do the same.