System Upgrade Complete - LC7i|Kicker|Sundown|Fosgate|Foxbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbaungartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah those AC load resistors definitely do not work, I bought a pair and they did no good. I did get some resistors, that you can see in the above pictures. Audio control recommended that values that I have. And I got them from a local electronics shop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

How did you wire those in? Do you have one for each speaker postive and negative? So that would be 8 in total?

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How did you wire those in? Do you have one for each speaker postive and negative? So that would be 8 in total?
From behind the head unit i tapped into the LF & RF, from the B pillar I tapped the rears. Ran those into the LC7i. Then ran new wires to each speaker to the amp. I tapped the dash speakers into the front door speakers, then added bass blockers to those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kbaungartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From behind the head unit i tapped into the LF & RF, from the B pillar I tapped the rears. Ran those into the LC7i. Then ran new wires to each speaker to the amp. I tapped the dash speakers into the front door speakers, then added bass blockers to those.

So did you use the resistor on just the positive of each speaker or the positive and negative .how many you have in total ?

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So did you use the resistor on just the positive of each speaker or the positive and negative .how many you have in total ?
Just like this....

Used 4 total at the LC7i. For the dash speakers the bass blockers are on the positive side only.

48e5b339b1292f278d20da530bc5a630.jpg

Kbaungartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just like this....

Used 4 total at the LC7i. For the dash speakers the bass blockers are on the positive side only.

48e5b339b1292f278d20da530bc5a630.jpg

My radio now works! Thank you! I just have one more question what did you,use for your remote turn on wire? I have a 2018 Ram 1500 with the 8.4 . I cannot use the signal sense on the lcq because it does not shut off with truck

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My radio now works! Thank you! I just have one more question what did you,use for your remote turn on wire? I have a 2018 Ram 1500 with the 8.4 . I cannot use the signal sense on the lcq because it does not shut off with truck
I ran a wire directly from the battery to the LC7i, a fused one that is.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cig lighter works well as a Remote.

Olny thing I dont like about the rear cig lighter is that it turns on as soon as you unlock the doors. While this isnt a huge issue for some, it can create a pop when the radio starts up.

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds super great! Yea there is some rattling. I will add some dynamat soon, honestly though when it's cranked up I just hear the music. Those spacers are just wood blocks basically. The go down and then drop the seat on top of that and bolt it down. I will show you though.

I had to really apply the dynamat to the overhead console. But man, what a great job you did. Im glad you took all of the pics, because that is something I failed to do.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Olny thing I dont like about the rear cig lighter is that it turns on as soon as you unlock the doors. While this isnt a huge issue for some, it can create a pop when the radio starts up.

Plenty of ways around turn on pop, if that is your primary issue. Also you can always just go directly to the ignition wires if you don't have PTS.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Plenty of ways around turn on pop, if that is your primary issue. Also you can always just go directly to the ignition wires if you don't have PTS.

Not my issue, overcame that as soon as I realized it happened, just saying a person whos less apt at installs it might drive crazy is all.

Kbaungartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not my issue, overcame that as soon as I realized it happened, just saying a person whos less apt at installs it might drive crazy is all.
How did you overcome this issue as I do have the turn on pop

Kbaungartner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the ways around the pop? And what is pts? If its push to start I do have that.

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had to really apply the dynamat to the overhead console. But man, what a great job you did. Im glad you took all of the pics, because that is something I failed to do.

Thanks!

So today I decided I was not happy with the sound. Don't get me wrong, it is great, but I want a bit better quality and power. So I am ditching all the speakers. Replacing all the Rockford Fosgate 6x9s with Sundown Audio SD-65 CS and swapping the subs out for Sundown Audio SA-12 D4 Rev.3's, as well as ditching the Kicker Monoblock amp for a Sundown Audio SCV-1500 Monoblock

Also just order the first round of Dynamat.

Terrible addiction I tell you!

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
By the way, I had no idea I had 2 accounts here. I posted this thread from my laptop, seemed to be logged in to an account I had no Idea I made, and Tapatalk of course has my account I use on many forums. So Steve and appzattak is me.

ChrisM101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks!

So today I decided I was not happy with the sound. Don't get me wrong, it is great, but I want a bit better quality and power. So I am ditching all the speakers. Replacing all the Rockford Fosgate 6x9s with Sundown Audio SD-65 CS and swapping the subs out for Sundown Audio SA-12 D4 Rev.3's, as well as ditching the Kicker Monoblock amp for a Sundown Audio SCV-1500 Monoblock

The kicker C series line of amps isnt quite up to par, they go CXA, DXA, KXA, and IQ from least to best... but I cant wait to hear what you think about the sundown gear.

Also I opted for the sealed box, but I notice yours states the tuning of the port. 34hz. Audio control starts an 18dbi subharmonic frequency roll off at 32hz. just be aware of that if youre intending to play notes lower than that.

What might you ask plays below 32HZ... Try playing the Empirion Mix of Prodigy's FireStarter. Its good for 15's or 18's and talk about body flex...

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The kicker C series line of amps isnt quite up to par, they go CXA, DXA, KXA, and IQ from least to best... but I cant wait to hear what you think about the sundown gear.

Also I opted for the sealed box, but I notice yours states the tuning of the port. 34hz. Audio control starts an 18dbi subharmonic frequency roll off at 32hz. just be aware of that if youre intending to play notes lower than that.

What might you ask plays below 32HZ... Try playing the Empirion Mix of Prodigy's FireStarter. Its good for 15's or 18's and talk about body flex...
What does that mean? My LC7i wont be able to power the subs?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks!

If you haven't checked it out already one of the contributing members SOCAL started a thread called Jacks full dynamat build. Was really helpful when I did my full sound proofing project. If I could figure out how to post a link I'd do it.